If you would like your employment
opportunities to appear in this space or in the newsletter, eNews,
please contact Jennifer Hanks at
Current Local/Regional/State Career Opportunities
(Number of positions)
National/International Career Opportunities
Weaver is a Texas-based regional accounting and consulting firm
that has been in continuous practice for over 60 years. Weaver serves
clients in all industries with comprehensive services, including
audit, tax and advisory services. Weaver's client base includes
private and publicly held business enterprises, local governments,
municipalities, nonprofits, wealthy families and executives.
At Weaver, your career journey will be both exciting and challenging. Weaver
offers competitive benefits, flexible schedules, top salaries, a business casual
environment, and 7 great locations throughout Texas: Fort Worth, Dallas,
Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Midland, and Odessa.
Information Technology – Senior Associate I or Senior Associate II
The IT Advisory Senior Associate is responsible for the organization of day to day engagement
activities, supervision of staff, and communication with the client. The IT Advisory Senior ensures
the objectives of our field work are achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with engagement planning activities related to assigned
engagements and assist in designing engagement-specific audit approach
- Plan, perform, and deliver work independently with limited supervision on
- Research accounting treatment for issues on
audit engagements, propose solutions and consult with experienced staff as
- Prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying
sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget
initiative in ensuring follow through of open items and issues through
- Develop and assist in the training of other staff;
create an environment that fosters learning
- Consistently assume
responsibility for assigned engagements under the supervision of more
experienced staff and perform assurance procedures and/or communicated
engagement objectives with limited guidelines
- Monitor and
supervise progress of Associates, where applicable, and provide performance
feedback as needed
- Work diligently towards acquisition of CISA,
CISSP, or CIA certifications and / or CPA license
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science,
Accounting, Finance, or related
- Master’s degree in information
systems auditing, Accounting, Business, or Finance preferred
- 2- 4 years or more equivalent experience (public accounting /
external audit, internal audit, information technology and/or staff
- Knowledge of IT controls and how
they affect the control environment. COBIT, COSO, and related
- Understanding of systems infrastructure and security,
connectivity, remote access, and data mining
- Understanding of
fundamental layers of information systems including network infrastructure,
computer operating systems, database management systems, and computer
- Experience supervising 1 to 3 or more individuals
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
orientation and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient at
Microsoft Office product suite
Eagle Materials (11/12/14)
Internal Audit Department
Staff Internal Auditor
A candidate will be hired as an experienced Staff Internal Auditor who will assist the Senior Auditor, Manager and Director of Internal Audit in performing SOX and financial audits throughout the company as part of the fiscal audit plan.
The candidate must demonstrate a confident and well-developed communication style, both oral and written, that establishes credibility and facilitates clear understanding of audit issues.
Candidate should be focused on timely completion of tasks.
- Bachelor's degree required (Accounting or Business Administration).
- Eligible to pursue Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal
Auditor (CIA) accreditation
- Minimum of 1-2 years internal auditing, general
accounting or equivalent public accounting experience typically required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to travel up to
35%, domestically - required
- Candidates must be US citizens or permanent
residents to apply for this position
- Opportunity for advancement within the
department or the company
- An independent self-starter with a professional image and manner, strong
work ethic, high degree of motivation, and the ability to contribute
positively to the team.
- Completes testing on assigned areas utilizing knowledge of basic
accounting principles, auditing standards, business processes, Company
policies, and relevant regulatory rules and regulations.
- Documents work performed to support observations and conclusions
utilizing established documentation protocol. Prepares exception summary and
assists with the preparation and/or review of draft audit reports when
requested. Responds accordingly to supervisor review and feedback.
- Exhibit initiative and creative problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Working knowledge of SOX and internal control systems
Note: There is no
relocation available for this position
About Eagle Materials, Inc.
Eagle Materials Inc. (NYSE: EXP) is a leading U.S. manufacturer and
distributor of building materials including Portland cement, concrete and
aggregates, gypsum wallboard and recycled paperboard.
The construction industry uses our products to build and renovate America's
residential, commercial and industrial structures and to build and improve our
country's public infrastructure.
Founded in 1964, we are the nation's fifth largest wallboard producer and the
eighth largest cement manufacturer.
Eagle Materials, Inc. offers an excellent salary and benefits package
including 401(K). Our health benefits include medical and dental insurance.
Eagle Materials, Inc. also offers employees basic life and AD&D insurance.
Qualified candidates should contact Chris Mowery at
Eagle Materials, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fossil Group is a global retailer specializing in the design, innovation and
marketing of fashion lifestyle and accessory products. At the heart of Fossil
Group's vision is a commitment to fostering creativity and delivering the best
in design through its three core businesses: the Fossil brand; the Skagen brand;
and a multi-brand watch portfolio business. This portfolio includes adidas,
Armani Exchange, Burberry, Diesel, DKNY, Emporio Armani, Karl Lagerfeld, Marc by
Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Michele, Relic, Tory Burch and Zodiac. Fossil Group
is constantly developing its businesses through core competencies in innovative
branding, world-class design and dynamic global distribution.
Fossil is searching for an Internal Auditor to join our
growing team! This star candidate will assist external auditors with quarterly
financial and internal controls testing evaluations. Additionally, this position
will support Internal Audit management in the assessment of risks and controls
as well as execution of SOX testing, and financial, operational and compliance
audits. Other responsibilities will include working with management on special
projects as necessary.
Required skills and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience
- CPA is required
- Familiarity with SOX regulations required
All applicants should submit resumes to: Ameea Bally (email@example.com)
#89665 Internal Controls Analyst
Saving lives starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate
when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the
country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management,
McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers supply, technology and care management
solutions to over 26,000 retail and 5,000 health system pharmacies nationwide.
Our company includes three segments: Our domestic network of distribution
centers ensures that our customers - and their patients - receive the right
medicines and medical supplies at the right time. Our IT segment provides
service and support for more than 2,400 systems in independent, chain, hospital,
clinic and nursing-home pharmacies across the country. We work hard so that
pharmacists can spend their time on patients - not paperwork. Our Center for
Financial Services plays a critical role in ensuring that hospitals, pharmacies
and retail chains receive pharmaceutical products quickly - usually within 24
hours. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications
efficiently and begin the process of healing.
The Supplier Processes Internal Controls team needs a new Control Analyst to
partner with and support the Corporate Accounts Payable team within the McKesson
Financial Center (MFC) shared services organization. Reporting to the
Senior Manager Controls and Supplier Risk, this individual‘s responsibilities
center on evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
that mitigate risk and contribute to MFC's effectiveness and efficiency.
This individual must demonstrate strong initiative, excellent analysis,
communications and collaboration skills as well as being knowledgeable of
accounting and auditing practices.
- Evaluate the design and
operating effectiveness of internal controls for assigned processes and ensure
that appropriate controls are in place for new business process or system
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) narratives are accurate, complete, and up-to-date for
assigned areas (including creation of narratives for any new processes)
- Oversee and perform SOX self-assessment and other testing, ensuring audit
objectives and timelines are met and results documented appropriately
- Lead coordination of McKesson Risk and Control Group (RCG), internal and
external audit requests for assigned processes and serve as main point of
contact with auditors
- Address SOX deficiencies and audit findings and develop and implement
remediations within established timelines
- Manage quarterly SOX certifications
- Perform control analyses of existing or new processes and presents
recommendations to leadership
- Partners with stakeholders in Expense Payables, USON Accounts Payable, Cash
Disbursements and Payment Card Programs as well as Finance and Accounting.
- Lead or participate in
other projects as assigned
5+ years accounting experience
- Experience in auditing,
internal audit, or internal control
- Strong knowledge of internal control design and analysis or audit design and
written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create and
deliver effective presentations and prepare process documentation.
- Customer orientation towards internal and external stakeholders to meet and
anticipate their needs and to build collaboration at all levels.
- Intermediate skills on MS Excel and PowerPoint
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- CPA or CIA preferred
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously across various business
- Knowledge of
SAP, PeopleSoft or JD Edwards ERPs a plus
- Strong problem solving and analysis with ability to clarify objectives,
identifies root causes and looks for trends in data.
- The ability to summarize key information and make a recommendation based on the
4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that
reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you
join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a
lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson
employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role,
you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all
over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're
helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by
choosing a career with McKesson Pharmaceutical, you'll join a team of passionate
people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for
employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer-minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
No agencies please.
Aapplicants: Please submit your resume online at
Boy Scouts of America (9/2/14)
||The Boy Scouts of America - Internal Auditor
||Exempt Level position; salary commensurate with skills and
experience (salary history required with resume submission)
||Irving, Texas (relocation is not provided)
The individual in this position will:
- Serve as in-charge auditor, supervising other auditors.
- Conduct internal financial, compliance, and operational audits to
ensure the integrity of processes and transactions Participates in
information technology audits.
- Develops formal written reports
to communicate audit results to management, and makes
recommendations as appropriate to correct operational and
- Assists in the preparation of risk
assessments and audit programs.
- Reviews the Control Assessment
Program (CAP) documentation, tests key controls, recommends
changes to improve the control environment and/or assists process
owners with their self-assessment processes.
- Determines proper
accountability of the organization's assets through physical
count, inventory, and confirmation.
- Travel up to 20-25%.
to advanced computer skills including: extensive knowledge of
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and the ability to quickly
assimilate knowledge of BSA’s computer systems used into the
development of audit practices and procedures.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions
in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as
exercise discretion in matters of a sensitive and confidential
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with people
at all levels of the organization and facilitate the
implementation of corrective action.
- Professional customer service and leadership skills. Establish and
maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in
the course of work. Demonstrated team skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently. Demonstrates
initiative, innovation and drive for results. Ability to
prioritize and meet deadlines. Have excellent follow-up and
- Interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and concisely, both
verbally and in writing. Additionally, ability to identify
items of a sensitive nature.
- Ability to apply analytical and interpretive skills to problem
solving. Detail oriented.
- Valid driver's license.
- Bachelor Degree with an emphasis in Accounting required.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is preferred.
Certification is strongly encouraged for each employee of the
department and needed for advancement.
- Minimum 2 years audit experience.
- Knowledge of and compliance with the International Standards for the
Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Knowledge and experience with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) preferred.
- Must have excellent technical and communication skills.
- Must maintain audit independence and objectivity in all assignments.
- Ability to
participate in special assignments as deemed necessary by the
Director, Internal Audit.
- Team player who views his/her role as “value added” while improving
- Stay abreast of best practices and provide means for introducing those
practices to the organization’s business units and processes.
- Preference given to individuals with IT audit experience. Data mining
experience is preferred with ACL.
To Apply: Qualified
candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history
via email to:
ResumeExempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should
include the word, “Auditor”.
Additional positions/information can
be viewed on our website at:
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (8/28/14)
SENIOR CORPORATE AUDITOR
The Senior Corporate Auditor will work with key audit resources to complete
assigned projects on schedule.
- Assist the Manager or Director of Corporate Audit in performing
company-wide annual risk assessments and in preparation and execution of the
annual audit plan
- Responsible for executing projects and supervising staff auditors on
complex audits, assisting in the performance of critical project management
duties including supervising staff auditors, planning, scheduling,
coordinating, reviewing, reporting the work of audit teams, providing
expertise in auditing standards and performance criteria, audit
requirements, and information technology skills
- Execute projects and supervise staff auditors on assignments related to
operational auditing, financial auditing, and SOX compliance for an SEC
public reporting company
- Maintain corporate audit independence and objectivity in all assignments
while developing and maintaining effective and value-adding business
- Assist in the development and supervise audit staff in the execution of
corporate audit procedures, schedules, priorities, and programs for
achieving audit objectives and goals
- Prepare audit reports using sound writing skills
- Participate in special assignments as deemed necessary by the Manager or
Director of Corporate Audit and management
- Ensure that recommendations are clearly presented to and agreed to by
management and that a subsequent audit report is issued promptly
- Ensure that all agreed recommendations are subsequently implemented
- Stay abreast of best practices and provide conduit for introducing those
practices to the company
- Position involves travel for up to 30-35 percent of the time, including
||Decision Making Skills
||Strategic Decision Making
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting from an accredited college or university
- Three years audit experience
- One year of supervisory experience
- Two years’ experience in public accounting (preferably Big 4) or Fortune 500 corporation
- One year SOX 404 requirements/risk assessment methodologies
- One year experience working with SEC publicly traded companies
- CPA or CIA candidacy required
Interested parties can apply at:
or go to
www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com and search for job # 1408527 under Careers.