If you would like your employment
opportunities to appear in this space or in the newsletter, eNews,
please contact Jennifer Hanks at
Current Local/Regional/State Career Opportunities
(Number of positions)
National/International Career Opportunities
Neiman Marcus (11/25/14)
Information Services Staff Auditor
Neiman Marcus Stores are located in the most affluent markets in the United
States with a presence in Florida, California and Texas. From the finest
designer and luxury merchandise for men and women to precious jewelry, beauty
and home decor, we offer our customers an impeccable and irresistible array of
choices. Since 1907, Neiman Marcus has served our discerning and sophisticated
customers with gracious and attentive service.
This position reports directly to the IS Audit Manager and is responsible for
performing audits of routine nature in accordance with audit work program.
This position is also responsible for identifying and recommending specific
audit tests to be performed in routine audit areas. The IS Staff Auditor
also provides technical support to Internal Audit staff as needed.
Key Performance Elements:
- Perform audits in
accordance with audit programs under the supervision of the IS Audit Senior
- Perform SOX
testing as it relates to Information Services general controls.
- Obtain and analyze evidentiary data through interaction with auditee.
- Prepare comprehensive workpapers for each area audited.
- Identify and recommend specific audit tests to be performed.
- Participate in system development projects under the supervision of the Audit
Manager to provide assistance to IS Management with establishing proper
- Prepare oral
presentation of findings from areas audited to auditee Management, along with
appropriate recommendations to enhance controls, improve operations or reduce
- Resolve routine
audit issues with auditee staff.
- Provide technical support to Internal Audit staff as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Information Services (Accounting/Finance/Audit coursework a
- CISA candidate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Basic working knowledge of information technology and Sarbanes-Oxley
requirements and standards
- Ability to perform minimal travel
- 1-2 years prior audit experience preferred, recent graduates also considered
- Retail industry experience
preferred, but not required
- IS SOX testing experience preferred, but not required
candidates should contact Randy Smithart at
Weaver is a Texas-based regional accounting and consulting firm
that has been in continuous practice for over 60 years. Weaver serves
clients in all industries with comprehensive services, including
audit, tax and advisory services. Weaver's client base includes
private and publicly held business enterprises, local governments,
municipalities, nonprofits, wealthy families and executives.
At Weaver, your career journey will be both exciting and challenging. Weaver
offers competitive benefits, flexible schedules, top salaries, a business casual
environment, and 7 great locations throughout Texas: Fort Worth, Dallas,
Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Midland, and Odessa.
Information Technology – Senior Associate I or Senior Associate II
The IT Advisory Senior Associate is responsible for the organization of day to day engagement
activities, supervision of staff, and communication with the client. The IT Advisory Senior ensures
the objectives of our field work are achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with engagement planning activities related to assigned
engagements and assist in designing engagement-specific audit approach
- Plan, perform, and deliver work independently with limited supervision on
- Research accounting treatment for issues on
audit engagements, propose solutions and consult with experienced staff as
- Prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying
sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget
initiative in ensuring follow through of open items and issues through
- Develop and assist in the training of other staff;
create an environment that fosters learning
- Consistently assume
responsibility for assigned engagements under the supervision of more
experienced staff and perform assurance procedures and/or communicated
engagement objectives with limited guidelines
- Monitor and
supervise progress of Associates, where applicable, and provide performance
feedback as needed
- Work diligently towards acquisition of CISA,
CISSP, or CIA certifications and / or CPA license
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science,
Accounting, Finance, or related
- Master’s degree in information
systems auditing, Accounting, Business, or Finance preferred
- 2- 4 years or more equivalent experience (public accounting /
external audit, internal audit, information technology and/or staff
- Knowledge of IT controls and how
they affect the control environment. COBIT, COSO, and related
- Understanding of systems infrastructure and security,
connectivity, remote access, and data mining
- Understanding of
fundamental layers of information systems including network infrastructure,
computer operating systems, database management systems, and computer
- Experience supervising 1 to 3 or more individuals
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
orientation and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient at
Microsoft Office product suite
Eagle Materials (11/12/14)
Internal Audit Department
Staff Internal Auditor
A candidate will be hired as an experienced Staff Internal Auditor who will assist the Senior Auditor, Manager and Director of Internal Audit in performing SOX and financial audits throughout the company as part of the fiscal audit plan.
The candidate must demonstrate a confident and well-developed communication style, both oral and written, that establishes credibility and facilitates clear understanding of audit issues.
Candidate should be focused on timely completion of tasks.
- Bachelor's degree required (Accounting or Business Administration).
- Eligible to pursue Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal
Auditor (CIA) accreditation
- Minimum of 1-2 years internal auditing, general
accounting or equivalent public accounting experience typically required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to travel up to
35%, domestically - required
- Candidates must be US citizens or permanent
residents to apply for this position
- Opportunity for advancement within the
department or the company
- An independent self-starter with a professional image and manner, strong
work ethic, high degree of motivation, and the ability to contribute
positively to the team.
- Completes testing on assigned areas utilizing knowledge of basic
accounting principles, auditing standards, business processes, Company
policies, and relevant regulatory rules and regulations.
- Documents work performed to support observations and conclusions
utilizing established documentation protocol. Prepares exception summary and
assists with the preparation and/or review of draft audit reports when
requested. Responds accordingly to supervisor review and feedback.
- Exhibit initiative and creative problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Working knowledge of SOX and internal control systems
Note: There is no
relocation available for this position
About Eagle Materials, Inc.
Eagle Materials Inc. (NYSE: EXP) is a leading U.S. manufacturer and
distributor of building materials including Portland cement, concrete and
aggregates, gypsum wallboard and recycled paperboard.
The construction industry uses our products to build and renovate America's
residential, commercial and industrial structures and to build and improve our
country's public infrastructure.
Founded in 1964, we are the nation's fifth largest wallboard producer and the
eighth largest cement manufacturer.
Eagle Materials, Inc. offers an excellent salary and benefits package
including 401(K). Our health benefits include medical and dental insurance.
Eagle Materials, Inc. also offers employees basic life and AD&D insurance.
Qualified candidates should contact Chris Mowery at
Eagle Materials, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fossil Group is a global retailer specializing in the design, innovation and
marketing of fashion lifestyle and accessory products. At the heart of Fossil
Group's vision is a commitment to fostering creativity and delivering the best
in design through its three core businesses: the Fossil brand; the Skagen brand;
and a multi-brand watch portfolio business. This portfolio includes adidas,
Armani Exchange, Burberry, Diesel, DKNY, Emporio Armani, Karl Lagerfeld, Marc by
Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Michele, Relic, Tory Burch and Zodiac. Fossil Group
is constantly developing its businesses through core competencies in innovative
branding, world-class design and dynamic global distribution.
Fossil is searching for an Internal Auditor to join our
growing team! This star candidate will assist external auditors with quarterly
financial and internal controls testing evaluations. Additionally, this position
will support Internal Audit management in the assessment of risks and controls
as well as execution of SOX testing, and financial, operational and compliance
audits. Other responsibilities will include working with management on special
projects as necessary.
Required skills and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience
- CPA is required
- Familiarity with SOX regulations required
All applicants should submit resumes to: Ameea Bally (firstname.lastname@example.org)
#89665 Internal Controls Analyst
Saving lives starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate
when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the
country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management,
McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers supply, technology and care management
solutions to over 26,000 retail and 5,000 health system pharmacies nationwide.
Our company includes three segments: Our domestic network of distribution
centers ensures that our customers - and their patients - receive the right
medicines and medical supplies at the right time. Our IT segment provides
service and support for more than 2,400 systems in independent, chain, hospital,
clinic and nursing-home pharmacies across the country. We work hard so that
pharmacists can spend their time on patients - not paperwork. Our Center for
Financial Services plays a critical role in ensuring that hospitals, pharmacies
and retail chains receive pharmaceutical products quickly - usually within 24
hours. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications
efficiently and begin the process of healing.
The Supplier Processes Internal Controls team needs a new Control Analyst to
partner with and support the Corporate Accounts Payable team within the McKesson
Financial Center (MFC) shared services organization. Reporting to the
Senior Manager Controls and Supplier Risk, this individual‘s responsibilities
center on evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
that mitigate risk and contribute to MFC's effectiveness and efficiency.
This individual must demonstrate strong initiative, excellent analysis,
communications and collaboration skills as well as being knowledgeable of
accounting and auditing practices.
- Evaluate the design and
operating effectiveness of internal controls for assigned processes and ensure
that appropriate controls are in place for new business process or system
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) narratives are accurate, complete, and up-to-date for
assigned areas (including creation of narratives for any new processes)
- Oversee and perform SOX self-assessment and other testing, ensuring audit
objectives and timelines are met and results documented appropriately
- Lead coordination of McKesson Risk and Control Group (RCG), internal and
external audit requests for assigned processes and serve as main point of
contact with auditors
- Address SOX deficiencies and audit findings and develop and implement
remediations within established timelines
- Manage quarterly SOX certifications
- Perform control analyses of existing or new processes and presents
recommendations to leadership
- Partners with stakeholders in Expense Payables, USON Accounts Payable, Cash
Disbursements and Payment Card Programs as well as Finance and Accounting.
- Lead or participate in
other projects as assigned
5+ years accounting experience
- Experience in auditing,
internal audit, or internal control
- Strong knowledge of internal control design and analysis or audit design and
written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create and
deliver effective presentations and prepare process documentation.
- Customer orientation towards internal and external stakeholders to meet and
anticipate their needs and to build collaboration at all levels.
- Intermediate skills on MS Excel and PowerPoint
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- CPA or CIA preferred
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously across various business
- Knowledge of
SAP, PeopleSoft or JD Edwards ERPs a plus
- Strong problem solving and analysis with ability to clarify objectives,
identifies root causes and looks for trends in data.
- The ability to summarize key information and make a recommendation based on the
4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that
reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you
join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a
lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson
employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role,
you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all
over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're
helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by
choosing a career with McKesson Pharmaceutical, you'll join a team of passionate
people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for
employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer-minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
No agencies please.
Aapplicants: Please submit your resume online at