Globe Life Park – Arlington
Lunch to start being served following
Registration begins at 9:00am
Personal Skills for the Successful Auditor
Courtenay M. Thompson, CPA
Summary and Objectives: Success and quality of life go far beyond auditing and technology. The effective auditor must understand themselves and those they deal with and use personal skills to achieve success. The good news is these skills are learnable. In this session attendees will:
- Explore success in auditing
- Identify and practice key personal skills
- Learn skills for handling difficult situations and people
- Delve into managing yourself and leading others
- Understand getting and maintaining credibility
No prerequisites required.
Mr. Thompson, CPA is a recognized authority on training managers, auditors and investigators in fraud-related matters. He has designed and presented courses on fraud prevention, detection and investigation for business and government organizations worldwide. In addition to providing training on fraud-related matters, Mr. Thompson develops and conducts courses on improving audit effectiveness, contract auditing, audit interviewing, personal and professional effectiveness, and behavior and communication skills. He is the co-developer with R. L. Townsend, of a series of courses on audit and control of construction costs. He holds BBA and MBA degrees from Southern Methodist University and is a Certified Public Accountant. He is a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, Inc., the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants.
2 Hours Continuing Professional Education.
>> Current Month Registration – CLOSED <<
Kansas City Royals vs. Texas Rangers
Globe Life Park, 1:05pm
Globe Life Park in Arlington
1000 Ballpark Way, Arlington, Texas 76011
View Larger Map
Registration Cancellation Policy
Current Cancellation date: 5:00p Friday, May 8, 2015
- You can cancel online until the current cancellation date and receive 100% refund. If you do not cancel by the deadline, you may send a substitute in your place after notifying email@example.com.
- The substitute may be required to pay an additional fee which would depend on their membership status (Member, Student Member or Non-Member). To cancel your registration after the cancellation date, please send an email to CANCEL@dallasiia.org .