Vacancy Number: C1-000635-2018
Job Title: AUDIT PROJECT MANAGER
Exchange Location: United States – Texas – AAFES Headquarters (Dallas)
Facility Name: AU-P
Employment Category: Regular Full Time
Career Area: Audit
Job Grade: 5
Job Tier: 2
Plans, organizes and conducts complex audit projects of the accounting and statistical data of various departments, divisions, and locations to verify accuracy. Directs, coordinates, and administers assigned audit projects within a group of auditors to conduct complex audit projects.
- Defines project scope; audits accounting and statistical data, activities and functional responsibilities of various departments, divisions, and locations to verify accuracy and compliance with plans, policies, and procedures.
- Plans, develops and manages large-scale audit projects; evaluates and applies internal control systems to safeguard assets and ensure economical and efficient use of resources.
- Reviews store operations for proper fiscal, internal, and environmental controls; reviews work of other auditors.
- Conducts financial audits to validate accuracy of financial statements, account balances, adjustments, and payments; determines proper accountability of assets through physical counts, inventories, and confirmations.
- Assists Audit Manager in conducting entrance/exit briefings with senior management on audit engagements.
- Provides oral and written briefing of audit results to all levels of management.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- TDY – Extensive TDY required
- TDY – Frequent TDY required
Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of experience in operational, compliance, functional auditing, and/or programs within the last 10 years and/or a minimum of 1 year at the Exchange Auditor III level within the last 5 years required. Minimum of 15 Accounting semester hours required.
Must complete at least 80 hours of continuing professional education every 2 years in accordance with Government Auditing Standards. At least 24 of the 80 hours must directly relate to government auditing.
Degree (one of):
- BACHELORS DEGREE – Required
Major/Minor (one of):
- ACCOUNTING – Preferred
- AUDIT – Preferred
- BUSINESS – Preferred
- ECONOMICS – Preferred
- FINANCE – Preferred
- MANAGEMENT – Preferred
Certificate/License (one of):
- ACCOUNTANT (CPA) – Preferred
- CERTIFIED INTERNAL AUDITOR (CIA) – Preferred
- CERTIFIED INFORMATION SYSTEMS AUDITOR (CISA) – Preferred
Technical (Preferred Skills/Systems):
- EXCEL – INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
- MICROSOFT WORD AND OUTLOOK
Salary Range: $85,000 – $110,000
Number of Positions Remaining: 1
Posting Close Date: 9 July 2018
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply