POSITION SUMMARY: Auditor II
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Supervisor, the Internal Auditor is responsible for performing internal audits and internal audit projects that help the business achieve its financial and operational objectives (through identifying control weaknesses and/or process improvements). The role requires the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects using strong analytical skills, flexibility and ingenuity. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) are required in this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts with all levels of company associates and executives, outside client representatives, vendors, and other business-related representatives to gain an understanding of business processes.
- Assists in developing audit and test plans for assigned audits.
- Participates in audits ensuring they are completed within the forecasted timeframe and within budget.
- Conducts audit fieldwork in compliance with departmental standards.
- Identifies and documents audit findings, including root causes analysis and recommendations.
- Works closely with the Internal Controls, Operations, Business and IT departments in resolving financial / operational control issues.
- Proactively keeps Management informed regarding the status of the audit, challenges/opportunities encountered, and potential findings.
- Actively participates in making the Internal Audit Group a respected and valued partner within the organization.
- Assists on other internal departmental projects as assigned (i.e., major initiatives, internal audit related training).
- Moderate travel expected, approximately 10 – 20% with an opportunity for international travel if interested.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong leadership and analytical skills with the ability to work independently and thrive in a team environment.
- Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that strives to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office: Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of operational auditing, process flow reviews and trial balance audits
- Ability to make sound judgment and business-oriented decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs