Join AmerisourceBergen as a Senior Internal Auditor and start making a difference in healthcare delivery and patient lives!
The Senior Internal Auditor plays a key role in performing internal audits and projects that help the business achieve its financial and operational objectives.
AmerisourceBergen is headquartered in Greater Philadelphia and is driving innovative partnerships with global pharmaceutical manufacturers, healthcare providers and pharmacies to improve product access and efficiency throughout the healthcare supply chain. AmerisourceBergen is a Fortune #12 company with over $150B in revenue and offices around the world. At AmerisourceBergen we strive to enhance healthcare delivery and improve patient lives every day.
- A competitive salary & bonus
- Work Life Balance
- Health and Wellness benefits – 1st of the month after 30 days
- 20 PTO (paid time off) days
- Tuition & professional certification reimbursement
- Great culture, awesome colleagues and career growth – Recognized as a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for a second year in a row in 2018 and a Top 20 Best Workplaces in Health Care by Fortune Magazine
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Auditor is responsible for performing internal audits and projects that help the business achieve its financial and operational objectives (through identifying control weaknesses and/or process improvements). The role requires the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects using strong analytical skills, flexibility and ingenuity. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) are required in this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts with all levels of company associates and executives, outside client representatives, vendors, and other business-related representatives to gain an understanding of business processes.
- Leads internal audits to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, efficiency of operations, and compliance with governmental regulation.
- Performs audit related activities, including but not limited to: developing the engagement Risk Assessment and audit scope, conducting the opening meeting, timely completing field work, reviewing work papers, and drafting the audit report.
- Ensures audit fieldwork work and findings are adequately documented (in compliance with IIA and departmental standards, with minimal supervision).
- Prepares an audit report which effectively communicates the audit results, making necessary revisions in a timely manner.
- Works closely with internal clients at all levels in developing audit findings and value-add recommendations regarding business process optimization, internal control and compliance. Also, responsible for the timely follow up and communication for closeout of open audit issues.
- Actively participates in making the Internal Audit Department a respected and valued partner within the organization.
- Assists the Audit Supervisor/Manager with oral and written presentations to mid-level management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discusses deficiencies.
- Works closely with the Internal Controls, Office of Compliance, Operations, Business and IT departments in resolving financial / operational control issues.
- Assists on other internal departmental projects, as assigned (i.e., major initiatives, Internal Quality Assessments, EY assist, internal audit related training, etc.)
- Coordinates multiple tasks; recommends improvements to department initiatives.
- Moderate travel expected, approximately 10 – 15% with an opportunity for international travel if interested.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A successful candidate will have a broad training in business administration, accounting and auditing, or related field, obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor’s Degree. Requires a minimum of six (6) years of experience in internal auditing, public accounting, or general accounting. Preferred experience would include 2 years leading engagements/projects, vetting findings, and drafting audit reports. An active professional certification in at least one area (e.g., CIA, CPA, CISA, CMA, etc.) is preferred. Compliance/QA experience is also strongly preferred. Experience working with ERP systems and using PC-based spreadsheet and/or data analytic software (ACL or Tableau) is a plus.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong leadership and analytical skills with the ability to work independently and thrive in a team environment
- Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that strives to exceed expectations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards
- Knowledge of operational auditing, process flow reviews and trial balance audits
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to make sound judgment and business-oriented decisions
- Well-developed analytical, interpersonal, and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs