Global Assurance & Advisory (Internal Audit) Associate
El Segundo, Newport Beach or Dallas Office
The Global Assurance & Advisory function at CBRE is led by the Senior Vice President and Chief Audit Executive who reports directly to the Chairman of the Audit & Finance Committee and administratively to the General Counsel. This team continuously strives for world class service delivery and consists of 10+ professionals based in El Segundo, CA and Dallas, TX. The function is responsible for performing annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing on behalf of management, as well as providing independent and objective assurance and consulting services. Projects are risk-based (not recurring or checklist audits) covering a wide variety of business risks across financial, operational, technological, and strategic areas. The department is charged with building future leaders for CBRE, offers support for certifications and professional education, and operates with a flexible work schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Internal Auditor is responsible for evaluating risks to the company and consulting with management to identify process improvements and operational efficiencies, all performed in accordance with professional standards.
- Performs substantive testing verifying the effectiveness of established processes and procedures and verbally communicates and confirms findings/observations identified through detailed testing.
- Successfully manages competing demands and is able to monitor that their individual work is delivered on time and within budgeted hours.
- Conducts client interviews to understand and document processes and procedures.
- Reviews organizational data, policies, processes, procedures, and practices in order to verify the accuracy and compliance with management expectations, regulatory requirements, and overall best practice.
- Individual work papers and evidence of work performed are completed on time and are organized to fully support conclusions and findings.
- Results of project work will be a draft formal, professionally written recommendations to executive management on organizational improvement opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
- 2+ years of external/internal audit and overall knowledge of general accounting and audit procedures
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) are a plus.
- As a service provider and internal advisor, is professional in appearance and interactions. This will include working with those whose first language may not be English.
- Ability to effectively respond to moderately complex inquiries from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management.
- Ability to present information to client, internal department, and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and to work independently
- Requires basic analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks and assignments.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel (domestic and international) up to 20%.
- Proficient in Visio, PowerPoint, EXCEL, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and proficiency in audit software (TeamMate) is a plus.
This job can be based out of Newport Beach, or El Segundo, or Dallas Office.
Qualified and interested individuals should send resumes to:
Global Legal Services
VP of Operations
For more details of the job post, please visit: