EnLink Midstream is a leading, integrated midstream company with a diverse geographic footprint and a strong financial foundation, delivering tailored customer solutions for sustainable growth. Our expansive gathering, processing, fractionation, transportation, and logistics assets are located in the most prolific oil and gas regions in North America, including the Gulf Coast, Permian, STACK, Cana, Arkoma-Woodford, North Texas, Haynesville, Utica, Marcellus, and Eagle Ford. We are delivering growth and unlocking value for our customers, employees, and investors through our proven expertise in leveraging our diversified assets and strategic relationships.
EnLink Midstream formed in 2014 when Devon Energy agreed to combine substantially all of its midstream assets with Crosstex Energy to form a leading integrated midstream company with enhanced size and scale in core operating regions. This strategic combination generates strong unitholder value, fuels innovation, and drives growth. Devon and EnLink’s strategic partnership continues today.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, EnLink is well positioned for stable, long-term growth, enabling us to capitalize on the significant opportunities we see in the midstream industry.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This Internal Audit Senior position will support EnLink’s Internal Audit team in their journey to become a trusted advisor at EnLink and in turn a trusted energy company devoted to its people, partners and performance. The Internal Audit Senior will actively participate in project-based assignments that are part of the internal audit plan, including internal controls (SOX), enterprise risk management, operational audits, anti-fraud program, technology audits, and continuous improvement of audit processes.
- Actively participates in all phases of the audit process including: planning, identifying risks, establishing objectives and scope of work, creating the audit program, performing the audit fieldwork, documentation of work performed, and meeting audit project metrics (budgets and deadlines).
- Prepares the preliminary audit observations ensuring key observations and risks are addressed and communicated in a manner that builds trust and improves processes.
- Leads the opening and closing meetings for assigned audit engagements and presentation of audit observations to management.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the company’s strategy and business operations.
- Collaborates with audit team members to ensure conformance with acceptable standards, plans, budgets and schedules.
- Supervises internal auditors on engagements.
- Focuses on continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for creating efficiencies in planning, performing, and reporting of audit engagements.
- Develops and recommends new business process and controls to strengthen the overall internal control environment or address specific deficiencies.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with management, peers, audit team, and other stakeholders.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including professional training, professional memberships, and shares information gained with the audit team.
This position will interact with departments and personnel throughout the company, at all levels, including corporate support services, field locations, senior management, and external auditors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required.
- Professional certification such as a CIA, CPA, or CISA, or currently pursuing such certification preferred.
- 4-8 years of work experience in an internal audit or public accounting role (Big 4 experience preferred).
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance is preferred.
- Oil and gas industry experience is preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required.
- Data analytics experience a plus.
- Relevant internal control or risk management experience, including but not limited to COSO framework, SOX compliance requirements, and enterprise risk management (ERM).
- Demonstrates attention to detail and has the ability to handle various aspects of a project.
- Manages individual time effectively and has strong active listening skills.
- Experience providing direction and supervision to other employees and/or co-sourced professional services teams.
- Demonstrates solid analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are required.
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations and works well in both a team environment and individual tasks.
- Pursues tasks with energy, drive, and urgency especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during good and bad times; and acts in line with those values.
- Ability to travel (domestic) 10-20%.