The Freeman Internal Audit function is led by the Director of Internal Audit who reports functionally to the Chairman of the Audit Committee and administratively to the Chief Legal & Administrative Officer. The Internal Audit Department provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. Projects focus on financial, compliance, operational, technology, and strategic risks at the company’s corporate location, branches, and business units in the United States and internationally.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for evaluating risks to the Company and consulting with management to identify control and process improvements in accordance with professional standards. Additional duties include:
• Assists in development of the internal audit plan.
• Assists in making recommendations for improvements and modifications to current internal audit procedures.
• Performs financial, operational, compliance, and IT internal audits. Evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of management controls over activities, compliance with Company policies and procedures, adequacy of measures to safeguard assets, and identification of operational efficiencies and enhancements.
• Reviews branch locations to help ensure effective and efficient internal controls.
• Assists in the performance of reviews of international business unit accounting groups for effective and efficient internal controls.
• Conducts interviews to understand and document processes and procedures.
• Analyzes data using audit software tool to support the internal audit process and identify observations.
• Performs testing to verify the effectiveness of established processes and procedures and verbally communicate and confirm observations.
• Reviews organizational data, policies, processes, procedures, and practices in order to verify the accuracy and compliance with management expectations, regulatory requirements, and overall leading practice.
• Writes audit reports including observations and recommendations identifying improvements to existing policies, procedures, and controls.
• Individual work-papers and evidence of work performed are completed on time and are organized to fully support conclusions.
• Performs follow up on internal audit reports to ascertain that action plans are addressed.
• Successfully manages competing demands and is able to monitor that their individual work is delivered on time and within budgeted hours.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 1 year of external/internal audit or related business experience
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Proven verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines required
• Must work well in a team environment with a diverse group of people
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related business
• Internal Audit concentration
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics
• Knowledge of SAP
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)