Company: Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company
Position: Senior Analyst, Internal Audit
Job Location: McKinney, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
The Senior Analyst provides consulting services to Torchmark Corporation and its subsidiaries. Services include evaluating processes and controls, assessing related risks and impact on organizational goals, and providing counsel on effective risk management techniques and sound business practices. Looking for opportunities for operational efficiencies across all functions in the company.
- Obtains, analyzes and appraises internal system controls for adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency, while evaluating the controls compliance with established policies, procedures and plans
- Reports engagement observations to IA management with constructive recommendations for improving operations and controls, promoting growth, reducing costs, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Performs special reviews and audits at the request of management
- Identifies risks within a process/functional area and recommends controls to mitigates the risks
- The role will require a candidate that has very good communication skills to tailor messaging to various audiences while acting as the liaison between several functional groups.
- The analyst must have strong data analytical skills
- Attends training, (formal and informal) and engages in self-study to keep abreast of emerging audit concepts, industry best practices and development of interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree and/or experience in Accounting or other business fields
- Ability to work cross-functional and develop business partner relationships to achieve company goals
- Extensive knowledge in analyzing data trends
- Ability to source and interpret data from a variety of applications
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, SQL)
- Strong knowledge of ACL, IDEA or similar analytic tools preferred
- 25% travel required
Please visit the link below and set up a profile.