Position Title: Senior Associate, Internal Control
Division Name / Location: Multi
Department Name: Internal Control
Supervisor Title: Manager, Internal Control
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Under the guidance of the Internal Control Manager, the Senior Associate, Internal Control performs internal control compliance audits, which include planning, testing of control design and operating effectiveness and reporting of audit findings. Audits will be executed with other Internal Control team members on behalf of Management of our KTC, KCC and KNA operations. The Senior Associate will assist with review and/or conduct operational and management request audits included in the annual audit plan and special investigations, as needed. All audit results are presented to the Internal Control Manager for review and approval. The Senior Associate is also expected to assist with process and controls improvement projects and other value-add projects as needed or requested by management.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Ensure all audits/projects are completed on time and on budget and meet company and department P&Ps and professional standard requirements.
- Complete and assist with review of work papers. Conduct audits in accordance with test plans and identify and communicate opportunities for control and process improvement.
- Timely prepare audit reports and executive summaries that clearly and succinctly communicate results of audits and projects to management, executive management and KBT.
- Assist with ad-hoc investigations as necessary.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- Active CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or close to obtaining a CPA designation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years of experience with a Big 4 CPA Firm (Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, Ernst & Young), second tier firm (e.g., Weaver, BDO, Grant Thornton, McGladrey & Pullen) or in an internal audit/control department with a large public company.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products – particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with SAP, Oracle Financial Services, Lotus Notes, Visio and/or other auditing tools (e.g., TeamMate, Workiva WDesk, ACL, etc.) is a plus.
- MBA from a nationally recognized university is a plus.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is a plus.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Experience with a manufacturing, distribution/logistics, and/or a captive finance/ lending organization is desirable.
- Knowledge of banking and financial services lending regulations (i.e. TILA, FDCPA, FCRA)
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to work under pressure and successfully and timely managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to minimize “scope-creep” throughout the duration of the audit/project.
- Ability to promote changes that support organizational and departmental objectives and take initiative to identify and communicate prospective solution sets to department and business management.
- Ability to perform audit/project activities in an independent and objective manner.
- Experience auditing various divisions and operations within a company.
- Experience with implementing new internal controls or processes is a plus.
- Ability to effectively and diplomatically communicate to a diverse audience at varying levels within the organization.
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
|% of Time||Description||Service?||Nature of Service|
|100%||Office equipment including adding machine, computer, copier, fax, phone, printer.||No|
Typical office environment. The position will require walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
- Minimum of 10 – 20 % travel primarily within the United States.
- Position resides in new Grapevine, TX office.