Title: IT Senior Auditor
Department: Internal Audit
For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates works towards the goal of enabling our customer to shop any of our brands “anytime, anywhere, and on any device.” Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
The Senior Auditor conducts audit planning, designs audit tests, prepares work programs, performs document testing and compiles workpapers with minimal involvement of the IT Audit Manager. This individual is responsible for identifying and resolving routine audit issues with auditee staff and bringing moderately and highly complex issues to the attention of the auditee management. The IT Senior Auditor also provides technical support to Internal Audit staff as needed.
Key Performance Elements:
- Perform audits in accordance with audit programs under the supervision of the IT Audit Manager.
- Obtain and analyze evidentiary data through interaction with auditee.
- Perform SOX General Controls testing as it relates to Information Technology.
- Prepare comprehensive workpapers for each area audited.
- Plan and execute audits of a simple and moderately complex nature with minimal direction.
- Prepare detailed audit programs for audited areas.
- Identify and recommend specific audit tests to be performed to the IT Audit Manager.
- Identify control concerns, communicate those concerns to Management in both formal and informal setting and suggest methods for resolving weaknesses.
- Participate in system development projects under the supervision of the Audit Manager to provide assistance to IT Management with establishing proper controls.
- Prepare written reports of concerns and findings in the areas audited, expressing an opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of controls, transaction processes and auditee job performance.
- Conduct oral presentations of findings and prepares the initial draft of the audit report.
- Resolve routine audit issues with auditee staff.
- Provide technical support to Internal Audit staff as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems
- CISA (or candidate) preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Broad technical background or working knowledge of information technology
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley IT General Controls requirements and standards
- Ability to perform minimal travel
- Minimum 2-3 years prior audit experience
- SOX IT General Controls testing experience
- Oracle application and database experience preferred, but not required
Qualified candidates should apply at http://www.neimanmarcuscareers.com or contact email@example.com