Rushmore Loan Management Services is growing rapidly and expanding our team. We want YOU to be a part of it! If you are a top performer looking for a company that can provide opportunities to grow in your career, Rushmore is the place for you. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental and vision benefits effective Day 1 of employment.
As a nationwide mortgage servicer licensed in all 50 states with nearly $50 billion in loans being serviced and growing, we offer a dynamic team environment, collaborative culture, and commitment to customer satisfaction.
The Staff Auditor is responsible for executing audits of company functions and internal operations to ensure departments are performing their responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures, laws and regulations applicable to their operation, and effective controls have been implemented to mitigate risk to the company. Staff Auditor must quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of the business in order to provide effective risk oversight, business analysis and advisory work to management and the audit committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the internal audit plan and procedures for assigned audits. Ensure that audit resources are focuses on those activities representing increased risk.
- Assess processes and activities in assigned audit areas to obtain a thorough understanding of the operation. Ensure functional, financial, reputational and regulatory risks have been identified, and assess the adequacy of the internal control system.
- Execute procedures in the audit program, including the analysis and assessment of evidentiary data as a basis for an informed and objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the processes reviewed and the efficiency of operations. Ensure audit work papers accurately reflect the work performed and basis for conclusions reached.
- Review and report potential deficiencies with Management to ensure the accuracy and completeness of audit findings and discuss potential cost-effective remediation options. Ensure that audit management is also kept informed on any potential issues that represent elevated risk to the company.
- Develop audit reports that clearly communicate audit results, exposures identified and recommended actions to management.
- Track remediation efforts to resolution, as necessary.
- Complete assigned work in accordance with established budgets and deadlines.
- Participate in process change initiatives, as assigned, to provide proactive consulting advice to management on the effective design of internal controls for the changed process.
- Assist Audit Management with the development of the risk assessment, completion of special investigations, consulting services, and preparation of Audit Committee materials.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of internal auditing practices and standards, risk management and internal control concepts and experience applying them to effectively execute assigned audits.
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills. Able to develop risk-based audit programs based on the analysis of operating practice.
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of policies, procedures and controls, draw sound conclusions based on the situation and data obtained, and recommend cost-effective alternatives as necessary.
- Effectively use professional and interpersonal skills with clients, audit personnel, management and external contacts to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing with personnel at all levels of the company.
- Detailed oriented and organized. Must be able to multitask and meet budgets and deadlines.
- Demonstrates a high level of company and professional ethics.
- Able to maintain and perform with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Conveys a positive and professional attitude towards clients and staff members.
- Able to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of mortgage origination and servicing practices preferred.
- Knowledge/experience regarding information technology auditing practices and techniques, and data analysis tools and techniques are a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Management, Business Administration or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum three or more years of professional audit experience. Prior experience in performing audits of mortgage origination and servicing operations preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor and/or Certified Public Accountant designation or candidate.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to mortgage origination and servicing operations preferred.
- Knowledge of MSP and Encompass preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Visio, Access, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Etc.)