OVERVIEW AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
The primary focus of this position will be assisting with the implementation, rollout, and ongoing Audit of company processes and procedures for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulations and requirements. With direction from Internal Audit leadership, this position provides coordination, direction and administration for the Company’s Internal Audit and internal controls environment. This position also leverages cross-functional partnerships to identify, develop strategy, and design and build processes to ensure and enhance internal controls.
This position is located in an established company office and will provide centralized support to multiple geographically diverse offices. This position reports the Internal Audit (SOX) Manager or another Internal Audit leader with overarching responsibility for company internal financial and process controls and audit.
OTHER REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
1. On an ongoing basis, plans, organizes, and executes financial and product line internal audit program that measures, evaluates and recommends enhancements in managerial, operational, financial and information management controls to prevent fraud and maximize operational efficiency.
2. Coordinates and manages internal financial and compliance control related projects, working with cross-functional teams and partners to assess, update, re-engineer, and deploy controls and business processes in accordance with Federal and state laws and GAAP. This includes but is not limited to identifying existing control points and gaps, developing remediating controls, testing controls, producing documentation, and publishing results.
3. Consults with and advises executives, managers, and departments on regulatory requirements, internal audit processes, risk assessment, and determining potential compliance and financial exposures, Participates in recommendations and updates to the Audit Committee.
4. Maintains an awareness of Company products, services and the related regulatory environment to effectively manage the internal controls environment. This may involve attending advanced training sessions or meetings in which information is imparted and discussed. This may also require participation with and maintenance of memberships with professional work groups; attending trainings, seminars, and other business-related conferences; and interfacing with peers.
Knowledge of Internal auditing standards, guidelines & procedures, risk assessment and internal control frameworks (COSO). Demonstrated time management skills to meet deadlines as well as flexibility to adapt to changing priorities. Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze and interpret information from various sources, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Familiarity with SOX 404 audit and methodology and documentation standards. Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly present information to various audiences in both formal and informal settings. Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action. Strong customer focus with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members, internal and external stakeholders. General understanding of IT concepts (ITGC, Application controls) is a valued advantage.
A thorough knowledge and understanding of the business environment as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance with an emphasis in Accounting. CPA or CIA designation and audit certification are preferred
One or more years of experience as an auditor – SOX implementation and compliance experience is required
Build Your Career at WageWorks!
WageWorks enables millions of people to save money on critical expenses like healthcare, dependent care, and commuting, through Consumer-Directed Benefits, such as Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) and Commuter Benefits. WageWorks is a leader in the industry serving more than 6.5 million people for over 100,000 employers, including 63% of the Fortune 500 and numerous public sector clients.
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the six Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
- Customer-Centric: Our Customer comes first. We aim to serve our Clients and their employees, our brokers and partners, as well as our internal customers.
- Caring: People are at the heart of our company. We care about people: our Clients, our Clients’ employees and their families, our partners, and local communities, and our fellow employees at WageWorks.
- Passionate: We love what we do and are passionate about delivering Consumer-Directed Benefits that save people money and enrich their lives.
- Accountable: We are dedicated to making our team and the company succeed, and we are open, honest, ethical and conscientious, as we deliver on our commitments.
- Leading: Our actions inspire new ideas and drive change each and every day.
- Respectful: We value the diversity of our people, treat them with dignity and respect, encourage their development and reward their performance.
Why Work for WageWorks?
If you’re looking for a career that provides plenty of growth opportunities, responsibility, and interesting challenges to tackle, you will find it here. If you want to join a fast-moving, high-growth, exciting company that’s a market leader, you’re looking in the right place. But mostly, if you want to help people live happier, healthier, and more productive lives, then you’ll want to work for WageWorks.
WageWorks provides equal employment opportunity without regard to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition, veteran or military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Employment will require successful completion of a background check.
Equal Opportunity for Disabled Veterans, Recently Separated Veterans, Other Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans.
Drug free workplace.