Greetings ! I hope everyone had a great summer! My name is Teresa Lin, and I’m the new Dallas chapter president for the 2017-2018 year. A quick intro about myself. I’m currently a senior manager at Grant Thornton in the Risk Advisory Services group. I’ve been with Grant Thornton since 2010. Prior to me joining the firm, I worked at Blockbuster in the internal controls and internal audit department. As you can see, I’m passionate about internal audit, and hope that you all will see the benefits that the profession and the chapter bring to your career!
Congratulations to the other new chapter officers for the 2017-2018 year:
- 1st VP, Programs – LaToya Duncan
- 2nd VP, Academic Relations – Chris Lewis
- Treasurer – Shelley Matamoros
- Secretary – Jon Voorhies
We have already been planning for the new chapter year, and I’m excited to highlight some of the programs and key dates:
- First meeting of the chapter year: September 8, 2017 at the Hotel Intercontinental
- 6th Annual Super Conference – October 27, 2017
- Joint meeting with ISACA – January 12, 2018
- Academic Relations Student Meeting – February 2, 2018
- Annual Member Appreciation and Social Meeting – May 2018
We pretty much have something exciting planned for each month. Check out the Dallas IIA website (http://www.dallasiia.org/) for more details! The website also highlights potential volunteer opportunities (either behind the scenes or hands on at the meetings). If you are interested, please reach out to any of the officers, and we can get you in touch with the right committees.
We hope you enjoy the programs that we have set-up for the year, and look forward to seeing you at the monthly meetings!
2017-2018 Dallas IIA Chapter President