Friday August 7, 2015
UTD School of Management
8:00am – 5:00pm
High Impact Auditing: Practices that Pay
John J. Hall, CPA
Every day, the expectations placed on professional internal auditors are on the rise. As a result, we all find ourselves in a constant state of “catching up” in order to meet the needs of management, board members, clients and even ourselves. This highly interactive program will provide proven ideas that can dramatically increase the daily effectiveness and perceived value of the individual auditor and the audit team.
Class topics include:
- Identify the key areas where management and other client groups want and need attention
- Define your role to fully meet the needs of the organization
- Identify the behavioral adjustments needed to be more effective every day
- Improve audit planning and performance to identify and address areas of importance
- Develop audit steps that find important problems and opportunities
- Get desired action from auditees and others
- Demonstrate measurable value
- How to enhance the likelihood that the real cause of issues is identified – while dramatically increasing the probability that the management team will take corrective action.
John J. Hall, CPA, is an author, speaker and results expert who presents around the world at conventions, corporate meetings and association events.Throughout his 35-year career as a business consultant, corporate executive and professional speaker, John has helped organizations and individuals achieve measurable results. He inspires audience members in corporations, not-for-profit organizations and professional associations to step up, take action and “do what you can.” John balances his demanding travel schedule with extended stays at home in the Colorado Mountains where he and his wife Kris enjoy biking, hiking, snowshoeing and snowboarding.
Event CPE Details:
- Number of CPE hours: 8
- Prerequisites Required: None
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
- You must sign in at the conference to receive CPE credit.
- An online CPE certificate will be available to print after you have completed the online evaluation survey.
|Dallas IIA Members||Non-Dallas Members|
|Now until July 15, 2015
(Early Bird Registration)
|$50||not yet open|
|July 16 to July 31, 2015||$95||$95|
Registration Cancellation Policy
- Registration cutoff is 5:00 pm CDT on the Friday before the meeting (August 1, 2015).
- Payment must be received by the Friday before the meeting. Your registration is not confirmed until paid.
- We strongly encourage you to pay via CVent to confirm your registration. If you are mailing a check, the envelope must be post marked 8 days prior to the meeting (i.e., on Thursday the week prior to the Friday meeting) to ensure we receive your payment on time. If the envelope is not post marked within the required timeframe and is received late, you will be notified by email that a) the meeting is sold out or b) an additional $10 late fee per person will be assessed. Only registrations paid by CVent will be accepted on days just prior to the meeting.
- The deadline to cancel your registration is 5:00 pm CDT on the Friday before the meeting (August 1, 2015) to receive a refund. To cancel your registration, please send an email to CANCEL@dallasiia.org. If you do not cancel by the deadline, you may send a substitute in your place after notifying firstname.lastname@example.org. The substitute will be required to pay the difference between the member and non-member rates if they are not a member of the Dallas Chapter and they are replacing a member.
- 8 Hours CPE available
UTD Naveen Jindal School of Management
UTD Physical Address (for GPS devices): 800 West Campbell Road, Richardson, Texas 75080