Date: February 5, 2016
Location: University of Texas at Dallas – Naveen Jindal School of Management
Address: 800 West Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75080
Time: 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Registration cost: $55 – Members and $65 – Non Members
Title: “State of Texas Approved Ethics Course”
Speakers: Allison McLeod
- To educate licensees in ethics of professional accounting as Texas CPAs.
- To convey the intent of the Rules of Professional Conduct in the performance of professional accounting services/work, not to adhere to the mere technical compliance of such rules.
- To assist the Texas CPA in applying ethical judgment in interpreting the rules and determining public interest. Public interest should be placed ahead of self-interest, even if it means a loss of job or client.
- To review and discuss the Rules of Professional Conduct and their implications for persons in a variety of practices, including:
- CPAs in client practice of public accountancy who perform attest and non-attest services per § 501.52.
- CPAs employed in industry who provide internal accounting and auditing services.
- CPAs employed in education or in government accounting or auditing.
About the Speaker
Allison M. (Yee) McLeod, LL.M., JD, CPA, is currently a Senior Lecturer at the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas. She received Bachelor of Business Administration and Juris Doctor degrees from Baylor University, and a Master of Legal Letters (LL.M.) degree specializing in Taxation from the Southern Methodist University School of Law. Professor McLeod has also studied British and Art History at the University of Sussex, England.
Prior to joining the UNT faculty in 2010, Professor McLeod held the position of Director of Tax Planning and IRS Audits for Lehigh Hanson North America, a major manufacturer of cement, aggregates and other building materials. Her practice included both federal and international tax planning.
Professor McLeod also spent thirteen years specializing in Tax Planning with the JCPenney Corporation, Inc., and two years with Deloitte & Touche in Dallas. Professor McLeod is licensed to practice law by the State Bar of Texas since 1992 and has been a Certified Public Accountant since 1993.
Event CPE Details:
- Number of CPE hours: 4
- Prerequisites Required: None
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
- CPE will be provided by the Instructor