Job ID: Job Information
Job ID: 2021-147070
Location: Irving, Texas, United States
Position Title: Senior Auditor
Company Name: 7-Eleven Inc.
Job Function: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 3+ Years
▶ Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 71,100 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways…we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶ How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
- Plan, develop, and execute audit procedures with a primary focus on financial audits, regulatory audits, operational activities, internal control reviews, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, & consultative engagements; which may include some information technology audit activities.
- Provide independent professional advice to management in relation to company policies/procedures; the efficiency and effectiveness of systems and procedures; conducting reviews of formal risk management, internal control and compliance systems and the development of new/existing policies and procedures. Evaluate company processes to ensure adequate controls, accuracy of accounting and financial reporting, proper safeguarding of assets, efficiency and effectiveness of business processes, and compliance.
- Conduct internal audits involving the review, evaluation, and reporting to management. This is including leading, participating, and reviewing the risk assessments of business processes for key risks and controls.
- Document business processes and data flows, identifying key control points.
- Develop specific audit plans, programs and procedures to review with Audit Director.
- Execute effective and efficient audit coverage within accepted auditing standards, budgeted hours and established deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit team members.
- Perform first-level review of staff and intern team member workpapers for financial, regulatory, and operational and audits to evaluate that controls are adequately designed and operating effectively.
- Perform detailed test of controls for business processes and Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Work closely with IT auditors to ensure an integrated business process/information system audit approach on engagements.
- Responsible for preparing and reporting audit issues and recommendations for management and effectively communicating these issues both orally and in written reports.
- Conduct follow-up procedures to monitor timely implementation of managements corrective actions.
- Provide input in the development of the annual Internal Audit Plan, with specific emphasis on ensuring adequate audit coverage of key business risks, core processes, and strategic initiatives.
- Keep abreast of current developments in auditing, accounting, information technology, security and fraud detection concepts and emerging issues.
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance, Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional Certification: CIA or CPA preferred.
- Experience: 3+ years, Accounting/Finance or related fields required.
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience obtained from public accounting or another internal audit department.
- Comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and internal control structures and concepts (IPPF and COSO).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to effectively present to Internal Audit peers, leadership, and business process owners.
- Ability to evaluate, synthesize, organize, and interpret processes and data to formulate fact-based conclusions and value-added business recommendations.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills and ability to quickly establish and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships with Internal Audit team and business process owners.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience in MS Excel, Visio and MS PowerPoint. Microsoft Access and/or Audit Command Language (ACL) a plus.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10% domestic and international travel.
To learn more about this opportunity or provide a confidential referral, please contact:
Director of Internal Audit