Job ID: 2021-147070
Location: Irving, Texas, United States
Position Title: Staff Auditor
Company Name: 7-Eleven Inc.
Job Function: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 1-2 Years
▶ Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 71,100 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways…we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶ How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
- Perform financial, regulatory, operational and IT application audit procedures to evaluate and test that controls are adequately designed and operating effectively.
- Conduct control evaluation and testing in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Bachelors/4-year undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- 0-2 Years
- Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred.
- Experience: 0-2 Years, Accounting/Finance or related fields required.
- Comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and internal control structures and concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving ability. Ability to analyze a process and formulate sound, business recommendations.
- Proficient PC skills. Good working application of Microsoft Word and Excel. Visio, Microsoft Access and/or Audit Command Language (ACL) a plus.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10% domestic and international travel.
To learn more about this opportunity or provide a confidential referral, please contact:
Director of Internal Audit