Join AmerisourceBergen as an Internal Auditor and start making a difference in healthcare delivery and patient lives! AmerisourceBergen is headquartered in Greater Philadelphia and is driving innovative partnerships with global pharmaceutical manufacturers, healthcare providers and pharmacies to improve product access and efficiency throughout the healthcare supply chain. AmerisourceBergen is a Fortune #10 company with over $175B in revenue and offices around the world. At AmerisourceBergen we strive to enhance healthcare delivery and improve patient lives every day.
The Internal Auditor plays a key role in performing internal audits and internal audit projects that help the business achieve its financial and operational objectives.
The position is available in the Carrollton, Texas office.
- A competitive salary & bonus
- Work Life Balance
- Health and Wellness benefits – 1st of the month after 30 days
- 20 PTO (paid time off) days
- Tuition & professional certification reimbursement
- Great culture, awesome colleagues and career growth – Recognized as a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for a third year in a row in 2019 and a Top 20 Best Workplaces in Health Care by Fortune Magazine
- Fortune named AmerisourceBergen among the 2019 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies
- Made Newsweek’s list of America’s Most Responsible Companies list
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Auditor is responsible for performing internal audits and internal audit projects that help the business achieve its financial and operational objectives (through identifying control weaknesses and/or process improvements). The role requires the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects using strong analytical skills, flexibility and ingenuity. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) are required in this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts with all levels of company associates and executives, outside client representatives, vendors, and other business-related representatives to gain an understanding of business processes.
- Assists in developing audit and test plans for assigned audits.
- Participates in audits ensuring they are completed within the forecasted timeframe and within budget.
- Conducts audit fieldwork in compliance with departmental standards.
- Identifies and documents audit findings, including root causes analysis and recommendations.
- Works closely with the Internal Controls, Operations, Business and IT departments in resolving financial / operational control issues.
- Proactively keeps Management informed regarding the status of the audit, challenges/opportunities encountered, and potential findings.
- Actively participates in making the Internal Audit Group a respected and valued partner within the organization.
- Assists on other internal departmental projects as assigned (i.e., major initiatives, internal audit related training).
- Moderate travel expected, approximately 10 – 15% with an opportunity for international travel if interested.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A successful candidate will have a broad training in business administration, accounting and auditing, or related field, obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor’s Degree. Normally requires a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of experience in general accounting, public accounting, and/or internal auditing. Preferred experience would include both public accounting and internal audit experience. Experience working with ERP systems and using PC-based spreadsheet and/or data analytic software (ACL, Alteryx or Power Bi) is a plus.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong leadership and analytical skills with the ability to work independently and thrive in a team environment.
- Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that strives to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards
- Knowledge of operational auditing, process flow reviews and trial balance audits
- Ability to make sound judgment and business-oriented decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs
Or reach out to DNusslein@AmerisourceBergen.com