The Internal Audit Manager will develop and manage iterative audit deliverables during all parts of the agile audit cycle and assist the audit team in successfully meeting its commitments. This role will have the primary responsibilities of understanding, interpreting and analyzing business plans, assessing risks to business objectives, evaluating control effectiveness and delivering insights to stakeholders and senior leadership. The Internal Audit Manager will possess extensive operational internal audit experience, advanced critical thinking skills and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Internal Audit Manager will lead audit and project work to evaluate key risks and the adequacy of controls within CBRE’s global business units and key business processes. Core responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audits to ensure key business risks and controls are evaluated
- Coordinating and participating in the completion of audit procedures (i.e., user stories)
- Communicating audit findings to the Product Owner and stakeholders
- Providing peer reviews of workpaper documentation to ensure the retained documentation supports the audit work performed
- Completing and delivering projects and related deliverables on time, with exceptional quality and within budget
- Performing testing verifying the effectiveness of established processes and procedures; confirming audit findings/observations identified through detailed testing
- Having professionalism and maturity to make oral and written presentations to key stakeholders throughout, and at the conclusion of, audit projects by discussing process and control deficiencies and recommending corrective actions and other suggestions to improve operational controls, mitigate risk, improve efficiencies or reduce costs
- Preparing draft reports for the Product Owner’s review and ensuring audit comments are agreed, clear, concise and focused on the root cause of the issue and intended outcome
- Assisting the Global SOX Assurance team during their reviews of the company’s SOX control environment, as necessary
- Working as a global resource and participating in audit assignments in any location, as necessary
- Providing input into department initiatives (e.g., templates, audit manual and methodologies, etc.), as necessary
- Interpreting policies and procedures and applying professional accounting and auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate complex financial records and operational systems. Designing audit procedures that adequately address risk and compliance with Company standards and relevant regulations.
- Performing other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field. 7+ years of combined business experience and/or external/internal audit and overall knowledge of general accounting and audit procedures. Equivalent work experience will be considered. Real estate experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) required
Additional certifications preferred in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or similar
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents. Ability to write reports, and manuals in a pre-designed style and format. Ability to motivate employees and client groups to take desired action. Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management. Ability to make effective presentations on general topics to an internal department, large group of employees, clients, and/or management.
Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards. Advanced analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Able to forecast and prepare budgets.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of options in varying situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple assignments. Willingness and flexibility to travel (domestic and international, up to 30%). Knowledge of computer-based controls and skills in the use of computers in conducting audit activities. Experience supporting multiple projects across multiple clients with varying degrees of complexity. Proficient in documenting risk and control matrixes and testing procedures. Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, management and public groups. Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures, forecast and prepare budgets and conduct financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports. Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint and Teams.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause negative impact to co-workers, supervisor or department.