CBRE is seeking an Agile Audit Lead to join a growing audit team in Dallas, TX. With a fun work culture and excellent growth opportunities, this position will give you a unique opportunity! Internal Audit conducts projects using an Agile process to meet the growing needs of the CBRE enterprise and adjust to the changing risk landscape. This individual will possess advanced critical thinking skills as well as the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
The Agile Audit Lead will focus their efforts on developing and managing iterative sprint deliverables and assisting the audit team in successfully meeting or exceeding sprint commitments. This role will have the primary responsibility of understanding, interpreting and executing business plans and delivering insights to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in a related field such as finance, accounting, business, information technology or computer science. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 4-6 years of combined business and/or experience within an audit environment.
- Demonstrable experience supporting multiple projects across multiple clients with varying degrees of complexity.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification or in process (certified within 12 months preferred).
- Additional certifications preferred in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or similar.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, management, executive management and/or public groups.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conduct financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint.
- Leading Internal Audit sprints and project work to evaluate key risks and the adequacy of controls within the CBRE business units and/or key business processes, including:
- Contributing to development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audits to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated;
- Coordinating and participating in the completion of audit test procedures/user stories;
- Communicating regularly audit findings noted from the review to the Product Owner;
- Providing peer review of workpaper documentation to ensure the retained documentation supports the audit work performed; and
- Completing/delivering projects and project deliverables on time and budget.
- Having professionalism and maturity to make oral and written presentations to key stakeholders throughout and at the conclusion of the audit by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operational controls to mitigate risk and/or reductions in costs.
- Preparing the draft report for the Product Owner’s review, ensuring audit comments are agreed, clear, concise and focused on the root cause of the issue and intended outcome, and presented in GIA report style and context.
- As required, aiding Global SOX Assurance during their reviews of the company’s SOX control environment.
- Working as a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location.
- As required, provide input into department initiatives (e.g., templates, audit manual and methodologies, etc.).