Responsible for independently conducting and documenting complex audit projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs complex audit testing verifying the effectiveness of established processes and procedures and verbally communicates and confirms audit findings/observations identified through detailed testing.
- Audits the accounting & statistical data of various departments, divisions and locations in order to verify accuracy and for compliance with plans, policies and procedures prescribed by management.
- Provides guidance to staff members on audit and special projects through knowledge sharing and assistance with task assignments, while fostering a strong team environment.
- Conducts client interviews to understand and document processes and procedures.
- Interprets policies and procedures and applies professional accounting and auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate complex financial records and operational systems. Designs audit programs that adequately address risk and compliance with Company standards and relevant regulations.
- Prepares and submits reports on the results of audits and recommends improvements in policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Provide guidance to staff members on audit and special projects through knowledge sharing and assistance with task assignments. Provide assistance with planning audit assignments which can including scheduling planning meetings with clients and the assigning of tasks to team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field. 4+ years of external/internal audit and overall knowledge of general accounting and audit procedures.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Certified Public Accountant, or Certified Internal Auditor, or Certified Information Systems Auditor (or at least in the process of obtaining).
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret various types of business documents. Ability to effectively respond to complex inquiries from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management. Ability to present information to client, internal department and/or large groups of employees.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Organizational ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports. Conducts advanced financial analysis. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Ability to work independently to complete tasks and assignments. Willingness and flexibility to travel (domestic and international). Knowledge of computer based controls and skills in the use of computers in conducting audit activities. Proficient in Visio, PowerPoint, EXCEL, Word and Outlook. Knowledge and proficiency in ACL and Teammate or other audit software is a plus.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve general results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.