The Finance Risk Management organization is a key part of the Finance Risk and Assurance team at CBRE. The function is designed to identify and assess risk to advise Finance strategy, processes, controls and decision making. The focus of this function includes both risks that Finance owns and other strategic, operational, and compliance risks that inform the Finance organization.
The Senior Manager of Finance Risk Management is responsible for innovation, planning, execution, and day to day management of the Finance Risk Management program. This role oversees and ensures the timely delivery of high-quality risk intelligence and special project deliverables in accordance with professional standards and CBRE guidelines. This Senior Manager will work directly under the supervision of the Senior Vice President of Finance Risk and Assurance, delivering results independently and with or within cross-functional teams on various initiatives.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work with a variety of functions across the company to identify key business risks and explore related risk management activities being performed. Isolate risk mitigation activities and mitigation gaps affecting finance to determine additional actions needed to remediate risk to a level appropriate to CBRE’s appetite.
- For Finance specific risks, coordinate a comprehensive mitigation approach including framework, tools and procedures to achieve successful risk identification and management within best practice standards. Contextualize relevance by quantifying impacts, identifying and monitoring KPIs, and communicating results through both informal discussions and dedicated meeting cadences.
- Engage and develop effective working relationships within Finance and with groups outside of Finance including the Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance teams, to support cooperative responses to risk management matters and issues.
- Provide guidance and training to promote risk control awareness, ownership and accountability. Facilitate the sharing of risk insights with groups across Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in from a four-year college or university in business, accounting, finance, systems or related field
- A minimum of 6 years of risk management related experience with a working knowledge of finance functions. Real estate experience preferred
- Experience leading teams in the fields of accounting, auditing or consulting
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or related certification preferred
- Command of verbal and written English language skills required, secondary language skills are a plus
- Knowledge of Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook is required. Proficiency in risk management software is preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective communication skills with the ability to deliver appropriate and effective messages to all organizational levels of the company. Ability to lead productive risk discussions with the Finance team and business partners, analyze complex business documents, and write reports and other communication succinctly and clearly with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive and lasting relationships across the business
- High degree of enthusiasm around delivering risk management knowledge and best practices
- Strong project management experience in organizing, planning and executing programs from vision through implementation across multiple internal reporting, and organizational lines
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues and deal with a variety of high priority situations. Ability to organize and manage data and extract insights
- Strong process analysis skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment, and work both independently and in a matrixed team environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor, team player, and project manager
- Self-motivated to continually learn new skills and pursue emerging risk management trends and best practices and apply this knowledge to the job