Position: Internal Auditor
Department: Internal Audit
Location: Corporate Office
Reports To:Manager, Internal Audit
The Internal Auditor will assist management in the assessment of risks and controls and execute financial, operational and compliance audits. Execution of audits includes: assessing risks, developing and executing audit programs, ensuring quality in all workpapers and deliverables, developing value-added recommendations as well as audit reports that will be distributed to management and the Audit Committee. This position will also perform special projects as needed and will work closely with management, external auditors and/or consultants to ensure compliance with Darling’s SOX program. The auditor will possess skills necessary to communicate, navigate, influence and collaborate in a global, dynamic organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Assess risks (financial, operational and compliance) and the adequacy of related controls surrounding financial, operational and compliance areas of the business.
- Design and execute procedures that support an adequate evaluation of the effectiveness of control design and operation given the risk appetite of management.
- Prepare workpapers, schedules and summaries that support conclusions.
- Prepare reports and present observations and/or recommendations to management.
- Collaborate with members of the audit team, external auditors and management when planning and executing assigned projects.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
- Domestic and international travel, approximately 15-25%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- One to three years of internal and/or external audit experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must work well in teams and be able to develop relationships with various levels of management.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent problem-solving and organization skills.
- Good working knowledge of accounting and business processes.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to be innovative.
- Knowledge of auditing standards and frameworks such as the 2013 COSO Framework.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to improve the effectiveness of assignments, increase efficiencies, and quickly complete work objectives.
- Proven ability to multi-task, complete projects on time and on budget and adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic and high degree of initiative.