Assists the Director in planning, organizing and controlling Operational audit work. Performs high-level analysis.
Performs audit work and supervises audit staff on audit engagements. Reports to the Director, Internal Audit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and evaluates business objectives and related risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement to enhance the opportunity to achieve objectives.
- Coordinates with Audit Director to develop annual audit plans based on risk model and allocation of audit resources available.
- Plans, performs and supervises audits by understanding business objectives; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope, objectives, programs,reports and work papers; ensuring adherence to IIA standards and that work is performed in accordance with prescribed Internal Audit departmental policies and procedures.
- Reviews work done by auditors to ensure findings and conclusions are adequately supported and documented, and that audit work is performed in accordance with appropriate auditing standards and prescribed Internal Audit departmental policies and procedures. Prepares audit reports and reviews those prepared by auditors ensuring accuracy, conciseness, and clarity of thought.
- Coordinates all follow ups to audits and special projects.
- Implements and maintains computer assisted audit techniques using available technology.
- Conducts and/or participates in meetings with client personnel and senior/executive management administration for the purpose of discussing audits and related business issues.
- Supervises or conducts investigations of suspected theft or defalcations, and performs special reviews or analyses as requested by management and/or the Director.
- Assists in advancing a changing work environment by participating on committees formed within the Agency to initiate new business processes.
- Establishes and maintains good working relations with client and department personnel.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for
the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Eight (8) years of progressively responsible auditing experience to include two (2) years supervising a professional staff.
- Must have a certification in one of the following: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
- Operates DART non-revenue vehicles as required. Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills to find solutions to complex issues.
- Proficiency with computer assisted audit tools.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to section, division, department, in handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively and sensitively communicate with all levels of supervisory and non-supervisory employees, Audit Committee, and others both within and outside of DART.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to direct reports; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Ability to settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Ability to blend people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Leadership skills to develop and motivate a team in a collaborative environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills to find solutions to complex issues.
- Proficiency with computer assisted audit tools.
- Ability to scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; measures performance against goals.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to figure out the processes necessary to accomplish tasks; can facilitate effective brainstorming and build consensus among team members; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
Reports to Director Internal Audit *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART’s operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V