Dealers Assurance Company (DAC) is a Property & Casualty insurance company that primarily serves the automotive and consumer goods industries. DAC is domiciled in Ohio with a corporate office in Dallas, TX. We write both first dollar and aggregate excess-of-loss contractual liability policies for administrator obligors that sell, service, and pay claims for extended service contracts sold on vehicles or consumer goods.
DAC is seeking an Audit Director. This role will report to and will work closely with the DAC President.
- Ensures compliance with DAC reporting and funding policies by examining client records, reports, operating practices, and related documentation
- Evaluates client financial performance by reviewing financial statements.
- Completes audit program by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report and discussing audit findings with client.
- Periodically updates audit programs and audit questionnaire.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending IIA workshops, meetings, and reviewing professional publications.
Financial Statement Analysis
- Collects clients’ financial statements.
- Assesses the quality of the clients’ financial statements.
- Analyzes the financial statements by calculating various ratios related to profitability, liquidity, debt load, and stockholders’ equity.
- Records ratio analysis in a financial analysis spreadsheet for each client.
- Assesses profitability and risk.
- Reviews results of the analysis with DAC management.
- Reviews problem areas with the client and follows-up for resolution.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related area, or equivalent business experience.
- Audit-related certification such as CIA or CISA.
- At least three years of progressive audit work experience.
- Experience within the service contract or property and casualty insurance industry with knowledge of the related regulatory environment, particularly experience with warranty contracts, is strongly preferred.
- If no industry experience, a strong auditing background with a strong intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn the business is essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Reasonable knowledge of the contract liability insurance business and clients’ business processes in order to understand the risks involved.
- Strong computer/MS Office skills; ability to learn other software systems quickly.
- Knowledge of company products or ability to quickly learn.
- Ability to think “big picture”.
- Excellent research and analysis skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to keep work well organized and prioritize well.
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as a team player.
- Ability to adapt well to change, both procedural and organizational.
- A positive, learning-oriented attitude.
WORKING CONDITION, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is sedentary in nature and is performed in a traditional office environment with cubicles. Typically, the incumbent will sit comfortably while performing the work, with some walking, standing, bending and carrying of light items, such as papers, books, and files. Other physical demands in performing the essential functions of this position include: digital dexterity, hearing, seeing, and talking. Mental requirements include, but are not limited to, the ability to concentrate, take initiative, cope with stress, adapt, and stay alert in a business environment. Some business travel required; approximately 10%.
This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.