HollyFrontier Corporation is seeking an experienced Staff Auditor II to be based in our headquarters in Dallas, TX. This position will conduct routine auditing assignments for the Internal Audit department.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Conducts financial and operational risk-based audits and review of internal controls of the Company’s operations; projects cover a wide variety of business risks across financial, operational, technological and strategic areas.
- Develops recommendations for audit findings, focusing on strengthening internal controls, quality and efficiency
- Assists in annual Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) 404 testing including planning, process documentation, testing execution, issue follow-up, and External Audit assistance. Reviews and interprets organizational data, processes, policies and procedures to assess their effectiveness and compliance with management expectations, regulatory requirements, and leading practices
- Executes audit program steps and documents results in compliance with Internal Audit Department policies and procedures and professional standards
- Monitors testing results of process controls, and provides feedback to management
- May assist with development of audit plans and report drafts
- Provides informal guidance to junior team members within the department
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of 2 years of relevant job experience
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Concentration in accounting or finance
- CPA or CIA designation
Ability to perform routine-to-moderate financial analysis. Working knowledge of Microsoft products; experience with ERP and auditing software preferred. Expanded conceptual knowledge of The International Professional Practices Framework of The Institute of Internal Auditors, generally accepted accounting principles, and finance concepts and procedures. The ability to effectively communicate / explain complex information to others in a straightforward manner (both written and verbal); intermediate level reading and writing skills; the ability to perform routine-to-moderate- level mathematical calculations; and strong interpersonal skills.
Office based with travel up to 25% by land and air required. Petroleum refinery environment, warehouse / plant environments, and out-of-doors including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, and rotating equipment. Subject to all temperatures, weather, and varying road conditions. May be required to work long hours, not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays.
Our One HFC Culture:
Our one HFC Culture focuses on four key values of safety, integrity, teamwork and ownership. They influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
Safety is first. We care about our people and work tirelessly to make sure they return home safely, every day. Everything we do is done with integrity. We encourage growth and exciting possibilities by championing a culture of teamwork and ownership.
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky
Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries.
Join HollyFrontier Corporation where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.