Job Posting Title:
Senior Auditor 1
Professional / Unclassified
LSUAM IA – Audit (Kevin Reid Starns (00003917))
- 45% – Plans and executes audits, projects, or consulting requests in accordance with LSU OIA’s methodology. Coordinates multiple concurrent assignments.
- 25% – Provides technical audit procedural guidance including risk and controls identification, test development, work paper documentation, sampling techniques, results analysis, and report writing to lower level auditors. Reviews work performed by audit support staff to ensure it meets the objectives of the engagement.
- 15% – Actively coordinates the audit team and clients to ensure milestone dates are met and projects are completed on time. Performs and/or guides other auditors in the performance of audit test steps and the accurate documentation of the related work papers to support conclusions reached.
- 10% – Ensures all audit recommendations are supported by evidence and drafts clear, concise audit reports. Leads entrance and exit conferences. Performs follow-up for assigned action plans to ensure risks identified during the audit have been addressed.
- 5% – Makes positive contributions as demonstrated by providing guidance to and working effectively with team members. Ensures professionalism and independence and the constant appearance of professionalism and independence. Continuously develops knowledge of audit tools and techniques to ensure quality audit work. Performs duties enumerated for lower level auditors. Performs other duties as assigned by OIA management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant business field, information systems, public administration, higher education administration, or other field with acceptable relevant experience.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience, with at least three years in internal or external audit.
- Relevant experience includes auditing, compliance, governmental, healthcare, higher education, or risk analysis and assurance services. Must have experience with leading audit engagements.
- Master’s level training in accounting, business, or public administration.
- Audit experience in related industry (university, healthcare, state government).
Special or Physical Qualifications:
- In-state travel may be required, including overnight, up to 25%.
- Annual completion of 40 hours of continuing professional development as required to maintain active professional certification(s).
- CPA, CIA or CISA
This position is a senior level, unclassified position in the Office of Internal Audit at LSU. The Senior Auditor 1 is responsible for audit planning, execution, and follow-up. Responsibilities are to be fulfilled with a fair amount of independence under limited supervision. The Senior Auditor 1 will generally lead complex, higher-risk engagements and provide coordination and guidance for auditors assisting on a specific engagement. This position may conduct investigations related to allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, and non-compliance with University policies. The Senior Auditor 1 must be detail, action, solution and results oriented and dedicated to continuous improvement.
Benefits – LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer.