Senior Information Technology Auditor
What’s it like to work here?
At National Life, we do work that matters in a culture where people matter. Be part of a growing company, where you drive your career and have an impact every day. We believe that growth isn’t just about numbers, it’s about keeping promises to our customers and each other. We see ourselves as “do gooders” who contribute to our company, our cause and our communities. Go to: www.nationallife.com/ourstory to watch a video and learn more.
This position is for a dynamic, proven, highly motivated and reliable professional to lead and conduct IT audits, participate on pre-implementation audits, and provide IT risk management consulting. This position will play a significant role in:
- Facilitating the audit planning, audit program development and performance of IT Audits;
- Assisting in development and execution of annual internal audit plan;
- Providing quality assurance reviews of audit work paper documentation;
- Providing IT training and oversight to staff auditors;
- Assisting with year-end direct assistance audit procedures with external accounting firm.
- Identify, evaluate and report on risks and controls in complex information systems in accordance with ISACA’s Standards for IS Audit and Assurance and/or other established Standards
- Develop risk-based IT audit programs in collaboration with management which will include risk identification, documentation of the internal control framework and the design of effective and efficient testing procedures
- Identify data relationships and/or abnormalities via data analytics and data mining (i.e. ACL, SQL, Alteryx)
- Evaluate and document the effectiveness of the internal control framework in the prevention, detection or correction of errors and/or irregularities as determined through adequate testing in the execution of the test plan
- Maintain knowledge of the current IT environment and industry IT trends to identify potential issues and risks
- Analyze IT processes for effectiveness, efficiency and compliance with corporate policies, standards and procedures, state and federal regulatory authorities (i.e. GAAP, STAT, NAIC, SEC, NASD)
- Prepare clear and concise reports of IT observations and recommendations for audit and company management
- Follow up on audit observations to ensure that corrective actions have been implemented
- Assist the external auditors by providing direct assistance for selected assignments
- 3+ years of IT Audit experience
- 3+ years of experience in the insurance or financial services industry
- Strong creative, conception and communication skills with the ability to see the big picture and zone in on the details
- Emotional intelligence that makes you an outstanding collaborator and sought-after team member.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) certification. Additional professional certifications (i.e. CISSP, CIA) are favorable
- Experience with multiple technology domains including Windows, Unix, mainframe, software development, database administration, Cloud – Azure, AWS, and network technologies
- Experience with system implementations, big data technologies, and IT security-related processes and tools
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills with proven ability to influence and negotiate with company management
- Strong data analysis and data mining skills
- Proficiency with audit software (Archer Audit Management)
- Ability to travel 10% annually
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while contributing to the success of the team
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
We offer all that you would expect from a major corporation, and then take our benefits one step further. Our company highly values community, wellness and the environment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Pension plan
- 401(k) with employer match
- 40 hours of paid volunteer time
- Charitable contribution employer match
- Onsite fitness centers at both our Vermont and Texas locations
- Onsite health center in Vermont
- Paid Family Leave, Adoption and IVF assistance
How to Apply: Please visit www.nationallife.com/careers to apply!
National Life Group® is a trade name of National Life Insurance Company, Montpelier VT, Life Insurance Company of the Southwest (LSW), Addison TX, and their affiliates. Each company of National Life Group is solely responsible for its own financial condition and contractual obligations. LSW is not an authorized insurer in New York and does not conduct insurance business in New York.