Neiman Marcus Stores are located in the most affluent markets in the United States with a presence in Florida, California and Texas. From the finest designer and luxury merchandise for men and women to precious jewelry, beauty and home decor, we offer our customers an impeccable and irresistible array of choices. Since 1907, Neiman Marcus has served our discerning and sophisticated customers with gracious and attentive service.
Perform audits of financial/operational nature with direction from an Auditor-in-Charge in accordance with audit work program. This individual is also responsible for identifying and recommending specific audit tests to be performed in routine audit areas.
Key Performance Elements:
- Perform audits in accordance with audit programs under the supervision of the Auditor-in-Charge.
- Obtain and analyze evidentiary data through interaction with auditee.
- Prepare comprehensive workpapers for each area audited, including detailed process narratives.
- Identify and recommend to the Auditor-in-Charge specific audit tests to be performed.
- Prepare oral presentation of findings from areas audited to auditee Management, along with appropriate recommendations to enhance controls, improve operations or reduce costs.
- Resolve routine audit issues with auditee staff.
- Assist with annual Sarbanes-Oxley financial controls testing.
- Assist external auditors with interim and year-end audit procedures.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CIA candidate preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to perform minimal travel
- 1-2 years prior audit experience preferred; recent graduates also considered.
- Retail industry experience preferred, but not required.