VP OF INTERNAL AUDIT
Newbold is working with a mortgage company in the DFW area to fill their VP of Internal Audit position. The position will be responsible for the design and implementation of the internal audit program. He or she will have primary leadership responsibility for maintaining and strengthening the internal control environment for Servicing and Originations. The VP will provide independent reviews and evaluations of the company’s operations, information systems, controls, major business processes, records, and reporting functions; and provide recommendations to the Head of Audit and should be able to present to executive management, external auditors, and key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be results-driven and able to lead and influence process change and improvements across all functional areas within the business. He or she will have strong attention to detail, analytical/problem-solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. The VP will be a self-starter who excels in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to work under pressure while meeting stringent reporting deadlines.
- Handle day to day management of the internal audit function and supervision of an audit team.
- Perform an annual risk assessment of the business and continuous monitoring of the plan based on the risk analysis of the critical processes.
- Implement and effectively execute an internal audit plan for the business by proactively managing competing priorities.
- Coordinate with external auditors when needed on special requests and regulatory exams.
- Perform corporate, operational and regulatory audits of functional areas and report significant issues related to processes and controls, including risks inherent in and potential improvements to, those processes and controls.
- Act as the subject matter expert within Mortgage Banking business and understand the various regulatory, investor, federal and state requirements.
- Deliver technical advice, assistance, and instructions to the audit team.
- Effectively communicate and interact with executive management across all levels. Able to articulate the issues to the leadership with excellent issue/report writing skills.
- 15+ years of progressive audit experience in the financial services industry. Preferable Mortgage Originations experience.
- Strong knowledge of audit practices, accounting policies, regulatory compliance and risk management
- Strong project management skills including people management.
- Effective communication both written and oral. Past experience dealing with executives and report writing.
- Big 4 experience is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- CPA or CIA certification is a requirement
- Relocation assistance available
Email Monica Lee directly if you are interested @ MLee@NewboldAdvisors.com