Position: Senior Internal Auditor
NORTH TEXAS TOLLWAY AUTHORITY
The North Texas Tollway Authority was created in 1997 to help advance local highway projects that lacked government funding. In addition to building and maintaining the finest roads in North Texas, we serve an estimated 7.5 million customers and process toll payments for all area toll roads and the airport toll gates. NTTA’s nearly 800 employees work together to connect North Texans through safer, quicker and higher-quality roads.
Brief Position Description:
The purpose of the position is to execute audit assignments throughout the Authority and third parties. Assist in providing recommendations that improve internal controls, add value and/or create greater efficiencies with respect to operations, compliance, reporting, etc. Employees in this classification are responsible for planning, coordinating and executing activities that support the overall audit function. Performs related work as required.
- Complete variety of audits, including all phases of the audit process.
- Identify control weaknesses and recommend appropriate resolution, including best practice analysis and implementation.
- Evaluate the relevance, reliability, and integrity of reports and information systems.
- Review existing as well as new projects, services, and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
- Communicate audit findings by preparing periodic reports.
- Special projects involvement.
- Provide audit assistance to the Authority’s public accounting firm.
- Review for compliance with all federal, state, local, and other legal/regulatory requirements.
- Advises management on appropriate systems controls and other account and operational matters.
- Completes all activities and internal audits in an effective, professional, and timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information obtained during the execution of job responsibilities.
- Keep abreast of all relevant pronouncements, changes, etc., and evaluate their impact or potential impact on the Authority.
- Maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with all levels of employees and third parties working for the Authority. Show respect for the opinion of others and behave in such a way as to encourage an atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment.
- Work days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks.
- Perform all other tasks and special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to cope with job related stress including but not limited to deadlines, customer, supervisory and staff interactions, multi-tasking and high work volumes is required.
- Formal Education: Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field. Knowledge is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience: Over three years up to and including five years.
- Supervision: Work requires the occasional direction of helpers, assistants, interns, or third party providers.
- Human Collaboration Skills: Recommendations regarding policy development and implementation are made and/or recommended. Evaluates customer satisfaction, develops cooperative associations and utilizes resources to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Freedom to Act: Receives Limited Direction – The employee normally performs the duty assignment according to his or her own judgment, requesting supervisory assistance only when necessary. The assignment may be reviewed upon completion. Performance is reviewed periodically.
- Technical Skills: Work requires a comprehensive, practical knowledge of a technical field with use of analytical judgment and decision-making abilities appropriate to the work environment of the organization.
- Reading: Advanced – Ability to read literature, books, reviews, scientific or technical journals, abstracts, financial reports, and/or legal documents. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Math: Advanced – Ability to apply fundamental concepts of theories, work with advanced mathematical operations methods, and functions of real and complex variables. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Writing: Advanced – Ability to write editorials, journals, speeches, manuals, or critiques. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Certification & Other Requirements: ◦Experience with International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and COSO 2013, along with excellent technical and comprehension abilities.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to establish effective audit policies and procedures and to handle multiple priorities, organizes projects, and meets deadlines.
- Ability to write audit objectives and corresponding audit steps.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including: knowledge of Excel and other spreadsheet programs, and the ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of Authority’s computer systems used into the development of audit practices and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as exercise discretion in matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ability to apply analytical and interpretive skills to problem solving.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Additionally, ability to identify items of a sensitive nature.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Professional customer service and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player who views his/her role as “value added” while improving overall operations.
- Project management, construction accounting/analysis, or fund accounting experience a plus.
- Requires current CIA certification or the ability to obtain CIA certification within six months of hire.
How to Apply:
Refer your Family and Friends to apply at https://careers.ntta.org
Please reference Job ID: 20170720, Sr. Internal Auditor
NTTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.