Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Plans, prepares, and performs routine and more complex audits of the computerized systems and processes of Parkland requiring the development of data, the evaluation of control issues, summarization of findings and presentation of recommendations and suggestions.
– Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer-related, or related field.
– Must have plus five years of previous audit experience in a healthcare environment; OR
– Must have six years of progressively responsible experience in an internal audit or information systems environment.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
– May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
– Must have one or more of the following certifications:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certification of Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE); OR
- Obtain a required certification within two years of hire date or placement in job.
Skills or Special Abilities:
– Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
– Must be a good listener, be flexible, be able to handle multiple tasks, and possess good business and negotiation skills.
– Must be able to demonstrate the ability to write a finding in a clear and concise audit report.
– Must have strong analytical skills and be detail oriented.
– Must understand personal computers and networks and be proficient with spreadsheet, database, communications, flow charting and word processing software, as well as data extraction techniques.
– Prefer successful completion of the SQL Entry Level assessment with a minimum score of 75%.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.