Under general supervision, this position is responsible for ensuring the design of financial internal controls is appropriate and operate effectively.
- Assist in the identification of risks and evaluation of the design and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Assist in the planning, documentation and performance of routine or complex financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- Perform moderate to complex audits, including conducting interviews and surveys, documenting audit procedures, performing tests, reviewing and documenting audit evidence and identifying and defining issues.
- Understand the relevancy of risks associated with issues. Comprehend the meaning of test results as they relate to internal control strengths and weaknesses. Demonstrate the ability to identify feasible recommendations to identified business risks or control weaknesses.
- Assist in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management personnel.
- Demonstrate planning, organizing, and problem solving skills. Manage time to meet commitments, deadlines, and schedules. Act as a team member and may work independently or with other members of the audit staff while performing audits.
- Adept with use of technology to improve the effectiveness of assignments, increase efficiencies, and quickly complete work objectives. Conduct special assignments as requested by Internal Audit or Management. Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple assignments or projects simultaneously.
- Build and maintain successful working relationships with customers. Foster and promote confidence in the Internal Audit organization. Earn the confidence and respect of others. Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in approach and work style to changing demands and circumstances.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other business related major.
- Must possess intermediate PC skills and be able to use spreadsheets, flowcharting, databases and word processing software. Knowledge of computer automated auditing software is a plus.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of corporate audit or public accounting experience required, preferably with an integrated approach (strong technical understanding of Financial risks and controls, knowledge of IT General Controls a plus).
- Possess personality and ability to work with all levels of personnel and management. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate strong relationship building skills.
- Must be able to work independently, with others as part of a team, or with individuals in leadership.
- Must have judgment sufficient to handle and resolve tasks.
- Must demonstrate and maintain an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
- Must demonstrate ability to prioritize and have effective time management skills when dealing with tight deadlines.
Effective Date: 2/26/19
Reports To: Manager Internal Audit
FLSA Status: Exempt