The senior internal auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit engagements, as assigned from the yearly audit plan. This position holds responsibility for successful completion of all assigned audit engagements, from start to finish. Applies risk and control concepts to current processes and identifies any potential issues. Evaluate the effectiveness of existing P&Ps through various audit procedures and provide recommendations for program improvements. Performance indicators will focus on ability to apply standards through practical application, assessment of current operational processes, building relationships with management and identifying risks within current engagements. Additionally, the senior internal auditor will assist with championing corporate governance concepts and internal control throughout the business. Reports to the Director of Internal Audit.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate feedback to other internal audit project team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to facilitate, negotiate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Ability to detect gaps in internal control, experience in theft and fraud detection and excellent interviewing techniques.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of financial reporting and compliance.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying management levels.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- CPA/CIA/CFE designation
- 5+ years prior industry experience in Internal Auditing
- 5+ years of public accounting auditing and/or private industry experience with knowledge of gaming, grant compliance and/or healthcare areas a plus
- Must qualify for an extensive background check in order to hire