The Senior Internal Auditor will work collaboratively with the Internal Audit team and University Leadership using a risk-based audit approach. This position will also support the strategic goals and initiatives of the University and Internal Audit Department. Strong communication skills are critical as this role will interact with many levels of management.
- Conduct risk based integrated audits. This includes risk and control analysis, defining audit scope and objectives, preparing process flows, developing and executing audit plan and testing strategy, and documenting results.
- Collaborate with management to ensure processes are adequate and fully understood. Provide clear and concise communication of audit findings to process owners and leadership. Prepare audit reports to clearly and concisely communicate audit results and recommendations to management.
- Lead post engagement observation follow up and resolution.
- Perform and assist in investigations as needed. Develop reports regarding findings as appropriate. Communicate with Management the objectives and audit results.
- Work with external auditors and various consultants as needed to ensure successful completion of projects and oversight.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three (3) years of work experience in auditing is required for this position. A degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration and/or Operations Management is preferred.
- Prior experience with “Big 4” or “Tier 2” public accounting firms or a Higher Education Audit department is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Candidate with project management skills and ability to achieve audit objectives on multiple, complex projects running simultaneously is required. Candidate must also possess strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills. Excellent writing and communication skills is also necessary for this role. Candidate must have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Institute of Internal Auditing (IIA) professional standards. Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in all Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) and data analytic tools.
- Candidate with CIA and/or CPA or equivalent is preferred.
Deadline to Apply:
Priority consideration will be given to those who apply by 11/16/2021.
Open until filled.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
- Walk for long distances
- Handle Objects (dexterity)
- Carry/Lift up to 25 lbs
- Sit for long periods of time
SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies and may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, firstname.lastname@example.org.