Job Location: US-TX-Corp – Westlake
Type: Regular Full-Time
Who We Are
Founded and continuously led by inventor and entrepreneur Tony Aquila, Solera is a global leader in digital technologies that connect and secure life’s most important assets: our cars, homes and identities. Since its inception in 2005 as a garage-based startup, Solera has grown aggressively with over 50 acquisitions across its platforms. The company’s current product solutions include Audatex, Autodata, AutoPoint, CAP/HPI, Colimbra, Digidentity, Enservio, Explore Data, Hollander, Identifix, Inpart, LYNX and TitleTec, as well as the company’s flagship Digital Garage application. Today, Solera processes over 300 million transactions annually for approximately 235,000 partners and customers in over 80 countries. Unified by a strong culture that values uncommon entrepreneurial thinking and continuous “do-it-different” innovation, Solera’s global workforce of 6,700+ associates come from diverse forward-thinking industries that include automotive technology, artificial intelligence, software development, data sciences, cybersecurity, cognitive design, and digital identity protection. For more information, please visit solera.com.
The Solera Way
Solera’s uncommon culture is based on three simple principles: Think 80/20 (Focus), Act 30/30 (Efficiency), and Live 90/10 (Accountability). We define our mindset using Our 3H’s: Humility, a Hunger to succeed, and a desire to Hunt for opportunities to win. We train our volunteers to engage with each other modulating between their intellect (IQ) and emotional intelligence (EQ) using our 3Fs: Facts, Finesse, and Force. Solera has become a global technology leader that is constantly growing in the double digits. The principles, drills, and values associated with the Solera Way have been fundamental to Solera’s success and our ability to grow, continuously change, and innovate.
Are You Uncommon?
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Manager of IT Governance and Risk who ranks in the top quartile among their peers. Someone who has a highly competitive and entrepreneurial mindset that is wired with a team-first attitude, has no problem rolling up their sleeves to execute their missions, and can modulate between leading and following as needed. You will serve as the Manager of IT Governance and Risk.
What You’ll Be Doing
At Solera, we believe in providing clarity and focus to what our volunteers are responsible for – their mission. The 80’s, as we call them at Solera, are the employee’s priorities associated with their role or mission. The mission 80’s for this role, are:
- Perform assessment planning, including regulatory filings and reporting requirements, to ensure alignment with business needs and regulatory requirements (i.e. SOX 404, ISO 27001, SOC2 Type II, GDPR, etc.)
- Validate and communicate the IT compliance components of customer agreements, with specific emphasis on the identification of compliance obligations that must be executed in a certain timeframe to ensure the Company meets our customer IT expectations and requirements
- Grow and develop the compliance vendor assurance program to ensure compliance with Solera and regulatory policies
- Responsible for organizing, planning and managing (including status) governance related projects and ensuring all related Governance Compliance and Planning activities are executed with quality and within schedule
- Manage and monitor performance including KPIs, escalating issues and risks, and collecting and consolidating governance data
- Design and implement performance management dashboards, reports, tools and methods
- Institute and ensure program/project governance to create a culture of accountability and visibility for stakeholders and leadership
- Acting as liaison between information technology, information security, business lines, and the corporate internal audit team
- Working directly with senior leaders to ensure the consistent and mature delivery of Governance, Compliance and Planning services
- Ensuring that Governance, Compliance & Planning project plans are executed accordingly and resourced appropriately
Qualifications & Experience
- 6-10 years of relevant experience, ideally in the technology or finance sectors
- Minimum of 3 year experience with business operations or IT service management and delivery, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong “on the ground” and demonstrable knowledge of IT & Quality standards (such as ISO27001, SOC2 Type II, NIST, etc.) and best practices as they relate to IT governance such as ITIL etc.
- Experience in IT compliance and audit contract review programs, preferably at a public accounting firm
- Experience in the identification, interpretation, evaluation and documentation of policies, process and controls.
- High level of computer literacy with spreadsheets, word processing and database software and/or business systems (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, other graphic software).
- Must have a detailed and analytical approach with hands-on experience with project management and strong organizational skills.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information/business management or equivalent degree.
Leadership and work style
- Lead by example work ethic
- Strong communication and documentation skills with the capability to translate governance and risk related activities into relevant business value
- Demonstrate integrity, empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Sound knowledge of business management.
- The ability to collaborate across the organization with various teams such as Risk, Audit, Operations, etc.
- Ability to design, evaluate and document processes and lead teams in accomplishing process reviews and improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and tight deadlines
We believe that offices should be destinations where people want to be… places where people want to work, play and, collaborate. That is why we spend a lot of time on enhancing our workspaces. Solera’s work environments are intersections of the old and the new… of the past, present, and future. They are spaces designed to stimulate creative thinking, innovation, and cross-functional collaboration.
We also embrace wellness. Whether it is our onsite or offsite workout centers, nutritional meals and beverages, or endless snacks for focus and energy. This wellness plan is our commitment to healthy living, which spans across our office environments.