Stinnett & Associates Overview
Stinnett & Associates helps companies manage risk and improve performance to operate better, smarter, faster.
We are a professional advisory firm that strives to maximize value for public and private organizations. We partner with clients and regard ourselves as an extension of their business operations, rather than outside consultants. Our services are designed to be integrated with a company’s key business activities to help streamline processes, reduce costs, and enhance controls.
Founded in 2001, Stinnett & Associates is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise with offices in Dallas, Denver, Houston, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, and Tulsa. We currently serve a broad cross-section of clients, including Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies with global operations. We are passionate about client service and have strong retention rates for both clients and team members. Our steady growth is largely due to satisfied client referrals and project expansion for existing clients. Working toward efficient solutions, we have a reputation for “doing the right thing.”
Examples of our specialties include: Outsource and Co-source Internal Audit, Information Technology, Business Process Improvement, Fraud and Forensics, Sarbanes-Oxley, Governance Risk and Compliance, Risk Consulting, Business Continuity Planning, and Cost Recovery.
As Stinnett & Associates continues to grow, we seek professionals with strong backgrounds, excellent communication skills, and a willingness to help our clients and team members succeed.
The Senior Associate will work closely with project managers and team members to provide professional services to the firm’s clients. This individual will assist in the execution of specific client audits while helping to ensure the timeliness and quality of these efforts. He or she will conduct client interviews, document processes, execute audit test plans, and document test results.
Duties will include assisting with the planning of and participation in a variety of accounting, operational and construction related internal audits, along with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance engagements and various special projects including business process improvement.
- Conduct client interviews and process walkthroughs, document process narratives, draft risk control matrices, create and execute testing procedures, document test results, and draft audit reports in accordance with the firm’s standards and procedures.
- Work with a sense of urgency and the ability to shift focus as needed throughout the day.
- Complete audit work papers as directed, clear comments in a timely manner, vet findings and observations with appropriate client contacts, and clearly articulate findings and observations to teammates and Stinnett management.
- Review audit work to verify testing has been completed and documented appropriately.
- Lead projects from start to finish, which may include coordinating project resources, setting clear priorities and deadlines for resources and self, leading project meetings, overseeing project deliverables, and communicating results and findings to Stinnett management.
- Work closely with Stinnett management to identify potential process improvements and present results to clients.
- Assist Stinnett management in consulting with clients on effective IT processes, including best practices and internal control approaches.
- Maintain regular, timely communication with Stinnett management and teammates regarding project status, project issues, and resource availability.
- Remain cognizant of time budgets and promptly communicate overages or project delays to Stinnett management.
- Interact with clients in a professional, confident manner, including actively participating in client meetings.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking skills, knowing when to ask for help.
- Travel is estimated at 25-30%.
- Minimum of 3–5 years experience in accounting, preferably public accounting or internal audit.
- Prior experience within the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
- Working towards professional certifications such as CPA and CIA is helpful but not required.
- Experience in assessing internal controls, risks, and business processes, as well as developing audit programs to address those assessments.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess integrity, good business principles, and strong work ethic.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Accomplished in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Data analytics experience in ACL or IDEA is a plus, but not required.
Stinnett & Associates offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience, an employee incentive bonus program, and comprehensive benefits to support a positive work life balance. Relocation assistance is not available.
Stinnett & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Qualified applicants may apply in confidence online at www.stinnett-associates.com. Questions, please contact Andrea Harman at email@example.com.