Our publicly-traded construction client is looking to add to their growing team. This role is headquartered in Lewisville, but offers some flexibility to work from home.
- Test compliance of established internal control procedures and document findings and conclusions in test workpapers.
- Communicate with management regarding testing status, testing issues, and deadlines. Follow up with management to ensure that agreed-upon action plans have been implemented.
- Communicate with business process owners and assist in the documentation of risks, controls, and processes.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the business areas, including understanding changes to business processes and procedures and potential impacts to the controls being tested.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for improving internal controls over financial reporting. Work with process owners to assist in the design and implementation of new controls and best practices, as appropriate.
- Assist external auditors as required and at the direction of the Internal Audit Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related (A combination of education and experience will be considered.)
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in internal audit, risk consulting, or external audit and SOX 404 compliance.
- Public company experience preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, problem solve, and prioritize, as well as demonstrate excellent communication skills in order to successfully meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated experience with audit or GRC software and data analytics tools is a plus.
- Construction experience a plus.
- Ability to travel, as needed (up to 50%).
Interested Applicants should send resume to Steve Benson, Search Consutlatant, Steve@thomasedwards.com