Our client is looking for someone to join the “Best-In-Class” Internal Audit team in the Addison area.
Staff Internal Auditor or Senior Internal Auditor
Reports to Audit Manager and requires some travel.
- Provide input in scoping and planning the timing of the company’s internal audit activities
- Assist in performing risk analysis and determining audit and control testing procedures to be performed.
- Perform testing in accordance with annual internal audit / SOX audit plan.
- Prepare detailed work papers to support conclusions reached. Document the company’s process flows, narratives, walkthroughs and controls.
- Coordinate internal audit testing with other departments, locations, and external auditors.
- Assist in identifying processes and control changes.
- Help identify opportunities for profit improvement, process efficiencies/system improvements, and work simplification for all aspects of operations.
- Facilitate the completion of SOX audit reports.
- Assist in appraising the corrective actions proposed/taken by management to address audit recommendations.
- Work with stakeholders to remediate and close out identified deficiencies, within defined timeframes.
- Communicates status of audit results to management.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Have a strong interest in and be willing to take on special projects.
- Meets audit project budgets and deadlines.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration – MBA Highly Preferred
- CIA, CPA or CISA Highly Preferred
- 2 – 7 years internal audit or large public accounting experience
- COSO framework, SOX compliance and enterprise risk management experience
- Ability to travel (domestic and to Canada) around 20%-30%.
Interested Applicants should send resume to Steve Benson, Search Consutlatant, Steve@thomasedwards.com