Position: VP, Compliance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Company: Triumph Business Capital
Location: Coppell, TX
Department: Internal Audit & SOX
Supervisor: SVP, Control Environment
Position Summary: The VP, Compliance oversees adherence of Triumph Business Capital and TriumphPay’s policies and procedures to federal and state laws and regulations. This person is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the risk programs of the organization to control risks and losses.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads company’s efforts, which include coordinating external and internal audits, communicating audit issues to management, and identifying and evaluating emerging areas of organizational risk. Audits include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX)
- Service Organization Control (SOC)
- Penetration Tests
- Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council’s (FFIEC) Guidance
- From a business unit perspective, examines company policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and enterprise expectations.
- Stays abreast of changes to federal and state banking laws and regulations affecting the management, operations, and product offerings of the company.
- In conjunction with the management team, coordinates with legal counsel and operating departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new or revised products and services.
- Oversees the development, preparation, revision and dissemination of new and updated compliance standards and procedures.
- Consults with and advises operating units and managers affected by compliance issues and regulatory requirements.
- Works with company officers (vice presidents and above) to identify, analyze, and classify risks as to frequency and potential severity, and measures financial impact of risk on company
- Works in conjunction with the management team to select appropriate techniques and implements programs and policies to minimize loss, such as avoidance, loss prevention and reduction, retention, grouping of exposure units, and transfer.
- Prepares operational and risk reports for management analysis.
- Provides audit information by researching and analyzing data, and prepares requested reports.
- Prepares compliance audit data by compiling and analyzing internal and external information.
- Supports the coordination and supervision of the company’s compliance-related programs, such as compliance training, compliance testing and reporting, and records warehousing and destruction.
- Informs and advises the senior management team of conditions and status of company’s adherence to laws and regulations.
- Supports the external audit and compliance reviews.
- Maintains a familiarity with and the ability to lead/manage compliance to the FFIEC IT Examination Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Experience and Education
In addition to the previously stated elements, the ideal candidate for VP, Compliance role will not only execute in the trenches, but also successfully lead a compliance team and support senior management. Specific requirements for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has or is willing to procure a compliance certification.
- Knowledge of the financial services, general, transportation and/or logistics factoring industry is strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software, database software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
- Demonstrate initiative and be able to work independently and as part of the team.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here maybe encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Occasional stooping or kneeling may be necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and telephone.
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Occasional travel is required.
Triumph Business Capital, Triumph Bancorp, Inc. and its subsidiaries reserve the right to modify this job description at any time, with or without notice. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Triumph Business Capital and Triumph Bancorp, Inc. and its subsidiaries, provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.