The University of Texas System
IT Audit Program Manager
To apply, visit www.utsystem.edu/careers/
Purpose of Position: Oversee and coordinate information technology (IT) audit activities and perform IT auditing and consulting services.
- Under the direction of the Director of Specialty Audit Services, participate in the strategic oversight of the System-wide IT audit program including the design and implementation of appropriate methodologies, frameworks, tools, and technologies.
- Coordinate and facilitate cross-institutional communication and collaboration among the System-wide IT audit team.
- Advise and consult with the internal audit team to identify opportunities to enhance IT audit practices and abilities System-wide.
- Lead and participate in the annual IT risk assessment and audit plan development process for U.T. System Administration and advise and/or participate in institutional annual IT risk assessment and audit plan development upon request.
- Lead and conduct IT audits and consulting engagements at U.T. System Administration, U.T. System institutions, and System-wide. Set objectives, develop work programs, and supervise staff for U.T. System Administration and System-wide IT audits, and U.T. System institution audits upon request. Review work papers for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with Standards. Evaluate staff performance.
- Develop, deliver, and/or coordinate training programs to assist internal audit teams in the enhancement of IT audit and consulting capabilities.
- May conduct quality assurance reviews of institution IT audits or projects.
- Research and remain current on IT issues, risks, emerging technologies, audit practices, and professional standards, and apply internal control concepts and technology principles and skills to IT environments.
- Successfully handle multiple tasks with precision and attention to detail and produce timely results.
- Build strong relationships with IT staff and leadership to facilitate successful IT audit and consulting activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business, or related field. A minimum of seven years IT auditing experience and three years of supervisory or project leadership experience. Applicable certification (e.g., CISA, CISM, CISSP).
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerBI, and/or other business productivity and intelligence tools strongly preferred. PeopleSoft experience a plus. TeamMate experience a plus.
- Higher education or healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer-assisted audit tools such as IDEA, ACL, Tableau and/or PowerBI strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
Some travel required (approx. 15%-20%).