Leads the planning, performance, reporting and follow up of internal audits and other assigned projects and tasks, under limited supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads internal audits, with limited supervision, and may independently lead routine or less complex projects.
- Identifies appropriate client contacts, prepares meeting agendas and related questions, demonstrates effective listening skills to gather information, and provides focused and reliable information to team members.
- Leads planning of internal audits and may assist in conducting research to obtain background information. Identifies risks and related controls, including potential fraud risks, during planning and fieldwork with limited supervision. Develops audit objectives, scope and work programs.
- Performs fieldwork activities and conducts client interviews and other client interactions independently or under limited supervision.
- Documents work performed in accordance with Standards. Prepares work papers and other communications in a clear, concise, organized, and accurate manner. Arrives at supportable conclusions based on sufficient evidence documented in the working papers.
- Independently documents initial observations and recommendations to mitigate risks and improve controls. Under limited supervision, communicates timely with clients to ensure identified issues are accurate.
- Prepares draft audit reports with applicable observations and recommendations.
- Delegates tasks to assigned auditors, establish priorities and supervises auditors for routine and less complex audits.
- Sets deadlines for the assigned tasks and monitors own time to meet project deadlines. Timely communicates status to team. Provides clear direction to all team members on their assignments, encourages input from all team members, and provides evaluative feedback to team members in a timely manner.
- Reviews auditors work for compliance with Standards and quality of work on routine or less complex audits. Monitors budget and timeline for routine and less complex audits.
- May lead complex projects or participate in investigations under appropriate supervision.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration, or related field and four years of related experience in commercial or governmental auditing and/or accounting. Applicable certification (e.g., CIA, CPA, CFE, CISA).
- Experience with IDEA software
- Experience with TEAMMATE software
- Experience with PeopleSoft
Strong level of writing and communication skills. Strong Project Management skills and experience. Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and practices, professional auditing standards and techniques.
Questions: Contact David Price (firstname.lastname@example.org , 817-272-2018)