Position Title: Internal Auditor III
Department: Internal Audit
Position Status: Regular full-time
The Internal Auditor III is responsible for conducting assurance, consulting, and other audit projects, including information technology audits and data analytics.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration, or related field, and three years of related experience
- Progression toward applicable certification (CIA, CISA, CFE, CPA). Experience in higher education auditing and TeamMate audit software. Experience in data analytics and IT auditing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts planning for internal audits and identifies risks and related controls, including potential fraud risks, during planning and fieldwork.
- May participate in conducting research to obtain background information.
- Participates in developing audit objectives and programs.
- Performs fieldwork and conducts client interviews and other client interactions under appropriate supervision.
- Identifies preliminary issues, evaluates evidence using analytical skills, and arrives at supportable conclusions based on sufficient evidence under appropriate supervision.
- Prepares work papers and other communications in a clear, concise, organized, and accurate manner.
- Documents work papers in accordance with Standards.
- Drafts preliminary findings and recommendations for audits under appropriate supervision.
- Assists in setting deadlines for completion of assigned tasks, monitors own time to meet assigned deadlines, proactively communicates status of assigned work.
- Conduct data analytics to use in audits and other engagements.
- May be assigned to multiple concurrent projects or tasks.
- May assist on special projects or investigations under appropriate supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.