Assistant Vice President – Internal Audit
UT Southwestern Medical Center seeks an experienced, strategic, and collaborative audit professional to serve as the Assistant Vice President–Internal Audit.
The Assistant Vice President–Internal Audit (AVP-IA) will be responsible for providing advanced administrative guidance and direction for the Office of Internal Audit Services under the leadership of the Vice President and Chief Audit Executive. The AVP-IA will proactively lead strategic initiatives to advance Internal Audit services and value to UT Southwestern Medical Center, enhance audit effectiveness, and support Internal Audit team growth and development.
The AVP-IA serves as a trusted advisor to leaders across the Medical Center’s academic, health, institutional advancement, and business units who have responsibility for programs involving complex financial, operational, compliance, and information systems components. In partnership with the Chief Audit Executive, the AVP-IA is responsible for oversight, preparing, and presenting periodic reports to Administration and the Board of Trustees, including plans for proposed internal audits, results of completed audits, and informational briefings on relevant trends and best practices.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfill leadership and mentoring responsibilities that provide equitable and inclusive working environments to the staff they supervise and the faculty, staff, and students they work with.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field (Master’s degree preferred) and ten (10) years progressively responsible auditing experience, with at least five years in leadership capacity leading audit teams (including IT).
- Public accounting or consulting experience is highly desirable.
- Healthcare and/or higher education industry experience strongly preferred. Must be an active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Work requires ability to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures of university, and the ability to work with confidential information as appropriate.
- Work requires ability to effectively interpret and apply organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- Work requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Work requires ability to monitor and maintain budget.
- Work requires proven ability to manage multiple complex assignment and projects and exercise decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Work requires ability to manage, plan, organize, coordinate, and supervise work of employees as necessary to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Work requires the ability to identify risks and exposures and work with management in adopting practices to minimize risks.
- Work requires the ability to facilitate discussions and work with management to solve complex issues.
- Work requires the ability to motivate the audit teams to assist in leading the function to become a best practice department.
- Work requires the ability to present to senior executives and governance committee members.
For a full description of the position, please see here: https://adobe.ly/30z65ML
UT Southwestern has retained Opus Partners to support the recruitment of this position. Katie Dean, Associate Partner; and Chris Stadler, Associate, are leading the search. Confidential inquiries, applications, and nominations should be sent by email to Chris (firstname.lastname@example.org).
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.