This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Works under close supervision to provide professional auditing skills in the conduct of audits of various functions and activities of UT Southwestern. Conducts segments of less complex audit to determine effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with established policies and procedures.
Experience and Education
Bachelor\’s degree in accounting, business administration, information systems or related area and 2-4 years of professional experience, preferably in an public auditing or consulting environment. Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant or Certified Information Systems Auditor is preferred.
- Conducts less complex audits or parts of larger audits involving accounting, financial, and operational activities in accordance with appropriate accrediting standards and prescribed departmental policies.
- Evaluates effectiveness of management controls surrounding activities under audit and their compliance with all applicable University policies and procedures.
- Provides input for, and assists in, drafting of audit reports, development of audit findings and recommendations for specific remedial actions.
- Prepares work papers to support work performed, findings, and recommendations included in audit reports.
- Assists in investigations of alleged theft, misuse of funds, or other defalcations to determine their cause, extent of loss, and means of prevention.
- Maintains effective working relationships with audit personnel to achieve objectives of auditing assignments.
- Remain abreast of current developments in auditing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.