Internal Auditor Senior
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Take advantage of this opportunity to join UT Southwestern Medical Center – ranked one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal. Due to our continued growth, UT Southwestern Medical Center is seeking an Internal Auditor Senior.
- Conducts audits of assigned departmental, financial, compliance, and operational activities in accordance with Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA), UT System, and departmental standards.
- Evaluates effectiveness of management controls and determines compliance with all applicable regulations and University policies and procedures.
- Develops and reviews audit programs and reports, including audit findings and recommendations for specific action.
- Provides working supervision to assigned auditors, including performance evaluations at completion of each audit.
- Prepares and reviews work papers as basis for supporting work performed, conclusions drawn, and findings and recommendations included in audit report.
- Remains abreast of current developments in auditing.
- Conducts or assists in investigation of alleged theft, misuse of funds, or other defalcations, determines cause, extent of loss, and means of prevention.
- Maintains effective working relationships with audit personnel to achieve objectives of auditing assignments.
- Assists in performing special reviews and analyses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, information systems or related area.
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience, including at least two (2) years audit experience, preferably with some public accounting or consulting experience.
- Master’s degree or professional certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is preferred
- Healthcare or higher education industry experience is highly desirable.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/internal-aud
About UT Southwestern Medical Center:
UT Southwestern Medical Center ranks among the top academic medical centers with more active Nobel Prize winners than any other medical school in the world. As a premier educational, clinical and research institution, UT Southwestern is home to more than 2,000 distinguished scientists, physicians and allied health professionals. Our University Hospital has achieved Magnet® recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), joining only 7% of hospitals in the United States.
UT Southwestern is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.