The University of Texas at Arlington’s Office of Internal Audit is looking for a Senior Auditor II.
Summary: Leads the planning, performance, reporting and follow up of internal audits and other assigned projects and tasks, independently with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently leads routine and complex internal audits and projects.
- Independently leads, plans and participates in interviews with client contacts and senior management to include in-depth discovery and non-traditional research.
- Leads planning of internal audits and conducts research to obtain background information.
- Identifies risks and related controls, including potential fraud risks, during planning and fieldwork independently.
- Develops audit objectives, scope and work program.
- Performs fieldwork activities and conducts client interviews and other client interactions independently.
- Documents work performed in accordance with Standards.
- Reviews compliance with standards and quality of work on complex audits.
- Reaches reasonable conclusions based on work performed. Independently documents initial observations and recommendations to mitigate risks and improve controls.
- Communicates timely with clients to ensure identified issues are accurate.
- Prepares audit reports including preparation of outlines, preparation of draft reports, review of the drafts with the clients, and preparation of the final reports.
- Independently communicates with client. Delegates tasks, establishes priorities, supervises auditors on multiple and complex audits, communicates status of audits, timely communications to client for all phases of the audit and leading client meetings.
- Sets deadlines for the completion of project, monitors project budget and timeline for complex projects, and provides clear direction to all team members on their assignments, encourages input from all team members, and provides evaluative feedback to team members in a timely manner.
- Reviews auditors work for compliance with Standards and quality of work.
- Leads complex projects or participates in investigations with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration, or related field and five (5) years of related experience in commercial or governmental auditing and/or accounting or the equivalent experience. Applicable certification (e.g., CIA, CPA, CFE, CISA
Experience with IDEA software, Experience with TEAMMATE (EWP, TEC) software, Experience with PeopleSoft
Apply online: www.uta.edu/jobs
UTA Posting S01486P
The University of Texas at Arlington is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.