The University of Texas at Arlington’s Office of Internal Audit is looking for a Senior IT Auditor II.
Summary: Leads the planning, performance, reporting, and follow up of information technology (IT) internal audits, and the evaluation and testing of IT controls as needed for other internal audits and assigned projects, independently with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently leads IT audits, including planning and research on applicable technologies, developing IT audit project objectives and programs, identifying risks and related IT controls during fieldwork, and performing system testing as applicable.
- Applies internal control concepts and technology principles and skills to IT environments. Independently documents initial observations and recommendations to mitigate risks and improve IT controls.
- Communicates timely with clients to ensure identified issues are accurate.
- Prepares audit reports with applicable observations and recommendations, and identifies reportable issues that may be protected from disclosure under the Texas Public Information Act as applicable. Independently communicates with client.
- Prepares work papers and other communications in a clear, concise, organized, and accurate manner, and in accordance with Standards.
- Arrives at supportable conclusions based on sufficient evidence documented in the work papers.
- Delegates tasks, establishes priorities, supervises auditors on multiple and complex audits, communicates status of audits, timely communications to client for all phases of the audit, and leads client meetings.
- Sets deadlines for completion of project, monitors budget and timeline for complex projects, provides clear direction to all team members on their assignments, encourages input from all team members, and provides evaluative feedback to team members in a timely manner.
- Applies and assists others in the use of computer-aided audit techniques.
- May participate as an advisor to IT Governance committees and IT organizations, and in the design and development of new information systems and major enhancements to existing systems.
- Researches and remain current on IT issues, risks, and emerging technologies.
- Leads complex projects or participate in investigations with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information systems, or related field. Five (5) years audit related experience or the equivalent experience. A minimum of three (3) years IT auditing experience and one year of project leadership experience. Applicable certification: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Experience with IDEA software
- Experience with TEAMMATE (EWP, TEC, etc.) software
- Experience with PeopleSoft
Apply online: www.uta.edu/jobs
UTA Posting S01540P
The University of Texas at Arlington is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.