Please email resumes to Kassie Ross at email@example.com
Weaver has built a nationwide presence on an unwavering commitment to its clients’ success, acting with integrity and always striving to transcend expectations. The firm has grown to be the 37th largest firm in the United States, according to INSIDE Public Accounting; it is also ranked the largest independent accounting firm based in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine. Weaver employs more than 700 people in nine offices from coast to coast. The firm has Texas offices in Austin, Conroe, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Midland and San Antonio, as well as offices in Los Angeles and New York City.
From Fortune 500 multinational companies to start-ups, Weaver is a national firm serving commercial, financial services and government clients. The firm is particularly well known in the financial services, energy, manufacturing and distribution, construction, technology, real estate and health care industries, as well as the public sector. Weaver services go beyond traditional assurance and tax services to include risk advisory, transaction advisory, IT advisory, energy compliance and consulting, forensics and litigation services, and specialty tax services such as international tax, state and local tax and private client services. Learn more at www.weaver.com.
Risk Advisory Services Senior Associate II or III
Position Summary: This position is the primary person responsible for day-to-day project management of 3-6 concurrent engagements. Project management responsibilities include project planning, execution of engagement objectives, daily interaction and communication with client personnel, and performing the initial review of Senior Associate and Associate workpapers. This role requires the ability to supervise teams of 2 – 6 staff members on multiple concurrent engagements to ensure they receive feedback, direction, and resources in the event engagement issues arise. This requires a thorough understanding of the client’s industry (i.e. inventory/distribution, oil and gas, financial institutions) or the ability to quickly learn and adapt to an unfamiliar industry. This position should have an advanced technical understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and audit concepts, demonstrated experience in general ledger and corporate accounting, including internal control theory and internal audit standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job which should be reflected in the essential duties section of the job description.
- Demonstrate the ability to execute the documentation initiatives in all internal control over financial reporting areas using the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) internal control framework.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Institute or Internal Audit standards and the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of technical accounting literature within the GAAP and SEC hierarchies and is able to research issues and provide firm management with comprehensive evaluations of non-routine, complex issues and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently research, understand, and effectively communicate the impact of accounting standards to a particular client, industry, situation, or internal firm department.
- Take ownership of multiple concurrent projects and engagements and be able to independently plan, execute and complete the projects with minimal assistance from more experienced team members.
- Lead engagement planning activities which includes gathering information for time budgets, writing test programs, coordinating all planning activities on large engagements with the supervision and guidance from more experienced staff, and designing engagement-specific approach.
- Consistent performance of engagement plan in all internal control over financial reporting, accounting consulting, and financial and/or operational internal audit areas.
- Research complex accounting treatment for issues on audit and consulting engagements, propose solutions and consult with more experienced staff as necessary.
- Work with client accounting functions providing a scale of general ledger and corporate accounting assistance.
- Work closely with all experienced team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in completing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, perform, and deliver work independently with limited supervision on average-sized to large complex engagements.
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and sense of responsibility in ensuring follow through of open items and issues through completion.
- Begin to demonstrate the ability to draft a complete and accurate internal audit or consulting report report which adequately documents the objectives of the audit, procedures, performed, results of procedures, overall conclusion and recommendations for improvements clearly and concisely.
- Become involved in billing responsibilities and related issues as requested.
- Become involved in firm and service line administrative duties as requested.
- Develop extensive knowledge in 1-2 industry niche areas.
- Develop and enhance client relationships through strong communication and project management skills.
- Prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget.
- Monitor and supervise progress of Associates and Senior Associate I’s in all engagement phases; provide performance feedback when needed.
- Perform a review of the work executed by other staff for coverage, completeness, and accuracy.
- Effectively delegate tasks to facilitate professional development and efficient utilization of firm resources.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of internal control over financial reporting and other critical financial and/or operational internal audit areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to assume all project management responsibilities including the supervision of 2-6 staff on various projects and ensuring the engagement tasks and objectives are completed accurately and completely and that staff are appropriately utilized.
- Keep supervisors apprised of engagement and scheduling issues on a timely basis.
- Assist and mentor Senior Associate I’s and Associates, actively cultivating an environment that challenges, encourages, and fosters learning.
- Work with direct report manager to develop an appropriate plan of professional development, professional reading, and CPE, and take responsibility to ensure that plan is executed.
- Demonstrate significant progress towards acquisition of CPA license if not already licensed.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the client’s operations and accounting system, financial condition, and the industry in which it operates.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Maintain appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions.
- Responsible for ensuring that deliverables and workpapers produced by team members are clear and concise, and comply with firm standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and develop budget and deadline considerations and strive for adherence.
- Adhere to the Firm’s policies and procedures, core values, demonstrate their importance to others, and provide input to management on suggested modifications to Firm policies and procedures as necessary.
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant ethical requirements of the AICPA, contained in the Code of Professional Conduct, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, Texas Society of CPA’s and Intitule of Internal Auditors in discharging their professional responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP, GAAS and IIA standards.
- Technical understanding of US GAAP and ability to independently research and evaluate accounting standard impact.
- Deep understanding of corporate accounting workflow, general ledger accounting, financial close and reporting.
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrate independent thinking and strong decision making skills.
- Sufficient technical skills to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
- CPA or CPA candidate.
- 3 – 4 + years or more of public accounting experience, industry or a combination of public accounting and industry experience (internal audit and/or accounting manager/controller responsibilities).
- Experience supervising 2 to 6 or more individuals
- Thorough understanding of the COSO internal control framework, Internal Audit Standard, and the Sarbanes Oxley Act and the related requirements of Section 404.
- Advanced understanding of financial reporting, transaction cycles, and business processes.
- External audit experience with a variety of industries and types of audits for public companies. Experience with oil & gas industry, inventory based businesses, and financial services industry is a plus.