Date: December 3, 2015
Location: DoubleTree Campbell Centre
Address: 8250 N. Central Expressway Dallas, TX 75206
Time: 10:30am to 2:30PM
Registration cost before Nov 27: $35 – Members and $45 – Non Members
Registration cost after Nov 27 / Walk-ins: $45 – Members and $55 – Non Members
Title: “Be A Soft Skills Champion”
Objective: Improve your soft skills by focusing on several key topics including:
- Using stress to your advantage – As an auditor and in life, we all experience stressful periods or situations that can impact our health, happiness and performance on the job. This talk will cover techniques and thoughts on using this stress more effectively.
- Avoiding being the 30 second expert. In general, people know the direction they need to take. This talk will help you recognize situations where we need to recognize this and avoid being the 30 second expert.
- The benefits of focusing on the positive. There is a ton of research that supports this. However, so often, we forget this important soft skill.
David Price, CEC Entertainment
David Price, CPA, CIA, and CISA, is the CAE at CEC Entertainment. As always, he’s focused on partnering with management, developing teams, addressing risks and priorities, and improving audit coverage through technology. He’s worked for almost 20 years as an innovative audit leader. David’s teams specialize in operational, process, financial, SOX and IT audits identifying business opportunities, process improvements, cost savings, fraud and vendor overcharges. His past experience includes various audit positions in the retail, banking and financial services industries.
David is a past president of the Dallas Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors and is currently a member of the Dallas Chapter’s Board of Governors. He has served on several international IIA committees, as well as the UNT Internal Audit Advisory Board.
David received his MBA from UNT and his BBA from UT Austin.
What about fun? David plays saxophone and synthesizer in a band called Mile 21. Also, he’s an avid marathon runner and cyclist. Finally, David is also learning more about horses than he ever thought he’d learn thanks to his wife and daughter’s passions.
Jackie Lannom, CEC Entertainment
Jackie Lannom is currently a Senior Internal Auditor at CEC Entertainment on the Field Audits and Fraud Investigations team. Her past experience includes not-for-profit internal auditing. She received her BS in Accounting from the University of Texas at Arlington, and is working to complete her MBA at the University of Texas at Arlington. Jackie is a CPA, CIA and CFE.
Jackie’s interests and hobbies include travel and, believe it or not, firearms.
CPEs Offered: 1
Title: How Safe Is Your Reputation From Online Attacks?
Speaker: Robert Riggs, Clairiti
Robert Riggs is a Peabody Award winning television reporter who traded his microphone for a mouse. He currently helps CEO’s and companies expand and amplify their presence on the web. Robert also advises on how to handle a crisis in the age of instant social media information.
During his broadcast news career, Robert was embedded with the lead Army unit during the invasion of Iraq in 2003 and covered Capitol Hill and the White House. His news reports were featured on Sixty Minutes and Nightline. Robert’s online blog about terrorism while reporting for the CBS Television Station Group garnered a readership by government authorities around the globe.
CPEs Offered: 1
Title: How Enthusiasm and Confidence Make You Successful
Objective: Learn approaches to maximize your self-confidence and enthusiasm while advancing your career by overcoming inhibitions and obstacles. You will gain and exercise professional skills to convince and influence auditees and management to endorse your point of view. Learn the science and links between your presentation and others’ reactions to you. Invest in yourself with a sharp, smart, growth opportunity.
Speaker: Sam Azimipour, VHA
CPEs Offered: 1
Event CPE Details:
- Number of CPE hours: 3
- Prerequisites Required: None
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
- You must sign in at the conference to receive CPE credit.
- An online CPE certificate will be available to print after you have completed the online evaluation survey.